Abbott Regional Sales Director, DRG in Abbott Park, Illinois
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Has primary management responsibility directly or through subordinates for directing the sales of Abbott Neuromodulation products and/or services in a specified region or other major geographical area. Exercises direct supervision over Company sales representatives, and acts in a liaison capacity with independent sales rep firms. Recommends, interprets and implements corporate, division or organizationally specific policies and procedures to accomplish assignments and resolves a broad range of issues and problems; ensures employee compliance with such policies, practices and procedures. Sets goals, ensures that they are met and is responsible for continuous process improvement. Assures that quality of services meets internal and external customer requirements. Exercises judgment in planning and organizing work; monitors performance and reports status. Uses best business practices to ensure success in areas of responsibility. May be responsible for processes across Regional or organizational lines. This position will be responsible for the Texoma region, including North Texas, OK, and AR.
Responsible for hiring and retaining a diverse, highly qualified staff and for providing career coaching, growth, personal development and ongoing performance feedback. Responsible for the development of staff: critiques, instructs, mentors, evaluates and coaches. Accountable for the performance of subordinates or the work output of managed subcontractors. Maintains a safe working environment and a strong customer focus.
• Prepares annual regional sales forecasts and participates in the determination of market potential and in the preparation of sales expense estimates for the region.
• Plans and manages the NMD sales effort for assigned region.
• Recommends and interprets policies and procedures to accomplish assignments and resolves a broad range of issues and problems.
• Maintains contact with major accounts within assigned region, assisting sales representatives with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
• Monitors performance and reports status.
• Participates in the development of marketing policy, recommending product and product line revisions as well as pricing changes.
• Assists sales support/marketing staff members in activities such as sales promotion, training, and market research in planning and executing special projects.
• Remains current on developments in field(s) of expertise, regulatory requirements, and a comprehensive knowledge of the company's products, markets, and objectives as well as industry trends.
• Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems including identifying causes to prevent re-occurrence.
• Sets goals which align to department plans and manages the execution of goals through coaching and mentoring. Maintains a safe and professional work environment.
• Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
Works with standard office equipment, telephone, cellular phone, and personal computer. Operates a motor vehicle for trips to various Company sites and outside vendor, field, and customer locations; and to commute to various airports for airline travel.
Works out of field office and/or personal residence. Engages in considerable travel and may spend a significant amount of time “on the road” using automobile and/or commercial transportation, staying in hotels/motels, eating in restaurants, etc.
Activities require a significant amount of sitting in front of a computer monitor, some standing and walking. Significant use of hands and arms, plus finger dexterity to reach, point, write, type, operate a computer and other office equipment. Performs tasks that regularly require good correctable vision and hand/eye coordination. Activities also require significant use of voice and hearing for discussions with other employees.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or equivalent.
• Eight plus years of experience in the medical device product areas or related discipline, including direct experience in product sales.
• Requires highly developed leadership skills/experience sufficient to assume the responsibilities of this management position.
• Must be skilled at delegation, follow-up, and team building.
• Has direct knowledge about physicians in the medical device market.
• Seasoned judgment acquired through organizational experience and achievements applying state-of-the-art sales principles.
• Documented record of delivering sales information which adds value to management's decision making process.
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Well-organized and capable of balancing multiple projects and accustomed to tight deadlines.
• Must be able to perform intermediate level arithmetic calculations, including ratios, rates and percentages; draw and interpret graphs; apply the principles of rational systems to solve practical problems; effectively deal with a variety of tangible variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, diagrammatic or schedule form.
• Must have a comprehensive working knowledge of frequently used personal computer programs and applications, such as, e-mail, Microsoft Office, graphics software, etc.
• Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross division business unit model preferred.
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
• Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully to build positive relationships and improve business results.
• Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced changing environment.
• Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
• Multi-tasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
• Strong organizational, planning, and follow-up skills and ability to hold others accountable.
• Ability to travel approximately 25%, including internationally.
• Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance
ASJM Abbott St. Jude Medical
United States > Texas : 6300 Bee Cave Rd Building 2, suite 100.
Yes, 25 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day), Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers
LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-
YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/abbott
Twitter at https://twitter.com/AbbottNews