Abbott Demand Manager - Abbott Diabetes Care in Alameda, California
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Demand Forecastings primary function is to develop demand based sales forecasts for all products. The forecasts will be developed using internally developed user models, statistical analysis and through direct interface with Marketing and Sales, Manufacturing, Operations and Finance. Demand forecasts drive Annual Plan / Update and LBE sales planning, resulting production planning,
LRP forecasts and required capital investment planning.
• Establish models, databases and procedures for data assimilation and reporting.
• Develop contingency plans in advance to facilitate immediate action in response to demand changes that negatively impact inventory on hand for assigned area.
• Develop transition strategy and forecasts during product transitions including product launches, end of life, conversions and transfers.
• Lead communications to business unit cross functional management issues related to product sales forecasts and product availability for assigned area.
• Monitor monthly performance of sales and forecasts to identify and communicate trends that indicate gaps.
• May lead, direct, evaluate, and develop demand planning staff to ensure that the team’s resources are used effectively and that work schedules and targets are met.
• In collaboration with Area's drive improvement in forecast accuracy and demand process'.
The education requirement for this role is Bachelors Degree (± 16 years) in Marketing, Finance, Accounting, Statistics or Business.
The experience requirements of this position are:
Minimum 3 years Domestic and international interface experience
Some Project Management Experience
Some Financial Experience
Strong financial experience/expertise preferred.
Strong preference will be given to those candidates with Demand Planning and Finance experience/expertise.
Market Development and Research
ADC Diabetes Care
United States > Alameda : Plaza 6 Building
Yes, 15 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers
LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-
YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/abbott
Twitter at https://twitter.com/AbbottNews