Abbott Senior Biostatistician in Alameda, California
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Works with project team to decide on appropriate study design and statistical methodology
- Responsible for comprehensive protocol review - Responsible for randomization schedule, sample size and power calculations
- Responsible for assuring that data for statistical analyses are accurate STATISTICAL ANALYSES
- Responsible for implementation of protocol methodology and statistical analysis plans
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of statistical input into reports or decisions
- Responsible for validity of alternative analysis strategies when changes to planned analyses are needed
- Responsible for computer programs that are accurate, efficient and well documented
- Demonstrates extensive understanding of statistical concepts and methodologies SCIENTIFIC REPORTS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Responsible for Statistical Methods section
- Responsible for accuracy of statistical tables and data listings, and accuracy of report text
- Identifies and corrects flaws in interpretation of results, inconsistency in presentation or inference
- Provides significant and timely input to the development of a report strategy CONSULTATION - Works collaboratively with peers to develop efficient designs, quality protocols and reports per agreed timelines
- Provides accurate and timely answers to routine questions from clients, and scientific insight when answering nonstandard questions
- Effectively presents statistical concepts and arguments to management TRAINING, SUPERVISION, MENTORING
- Effectively mentors less experienced statisticians
- Can provide formal training to non-statisticians
- Seen as a project leader on key initiatives Project Coordination and Regulatory Activities
- Coordinates and leads the work of the section in multiple project areas ensuring that statistical support meets regulatory needs
- Effectively interacts with project leaders and regulatory affairs Responsible for the accuracy and appropriateness of statistical input (e.g., protocol design, statistical methodology, interpretation of results and inference) provided for regulatory submissions, discovery and development decisions
Ensures accuracy of report text and consistency between summary tables in the body of reports and the corresponding statistical tables and listings.
Responsible for statistical methods Identifies and corrects common flaws in interpretation of results, inconsistency in presentation or inference, and adherence to Abbott report guidelines.
Provides meaningful input to the development of a report strategy.
Works collaboratively with peers to develop quality protocols, CRF, schema, and reports per agreed timelines.
Provides accurate and timely answers to routine questions from clients, scientific insight when answering nonstandard questions, and independently pursues analyses suggested by the data.
Communicates an understanding of basic clinical principles for his/her project and acts in accordance with those principles.
Can clearly communicate basic statistical concepts to other scientists and non-scientists.
Informs supervisor or manager on important issues in a timely manner.
Effectively mentors non-statistical peers with regard to basic statistical methodology and departmental operations.
Position interacts with customers from throughout the division.
Often required to reconcile multiple and potentially conflicting priorities.
Effective communication with various levels of personnel is required regularly.
Problem Solving: Works collaboratively with multiple stakeholders to develop scientifically appropriate development strategies per agreed upon timelines.
Communicates an understanding of product development principles for assigned projects and acts in accordance with those principles.
Effectively and persuasively presents statistical concepts and arguments to management, regulatory agencies, scientists and nonscientists.
Advanced degree (MS, MA, PhD. or equivalent) in Statistics or Mathematics MS/MA with 3+ years related work experience or PhD with 1+ years of related work experience.
Clinical Affairs / Statistics
ADC Diabetes Care
United States > Alameda : 1360-1380 South Loop Road
Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers
LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-
YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/abbott
Twitter at https://twitter.com/AbbottNews