Abbott Area Business Advisor (position located in Alpharetta GA) in Alpharetta, Georgia
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
This position will serve as business advisor to the commercial Area Vice Presidents. Main responsibilities are to coordinate business strategy for the sales area (analysis, strategy, execution) and to connect with several functional areas in the organization to understand issues that impact sales.
· Serve as business advisors to Area Vice Presidents.
· Responsible for initiating and managing Area and national level projects.
· Analyze sales performance reports and meet regularly with senior sales management to provide insight and help make business decisions.
· Monitor key sales metrics to identify business drivers and trends that impact the Area’s performance. Then assist in developing strategies to address issues.
· Lead and facilitate related sales operations tasks such as War Gaming, Strategic Planning & Compensation/Incentive programs.
· Collaborate with other organizational groups, such as Product Marketing, Finance and Sales Operations to research and resolve issues and drive initiatives that impact sales strategy and execution.
· Support senior sales management in preparing for meetings and presentations with sales teams, business leaders and customers.
· Understands business environment and relates extensive knowledge of internal and external activities to trends.
· Interfaces with a variety of management levels on significant matters, often requiring the coordination of activity across organizational units.
· Acts as a mentor to less experienced staff.
· Plans and organizes project assignments of substantial variety and complexity.
· Lead projects to ensure that analysis is comprehensive, relevant, coordinated, and utilizes the appropriate sources of information.
· Initiates or maintains schedule for projects and project milestones.
· Establishes priorities of individual or project assignments.
· Selects methods and techniques to lead a project to completion.
· Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve organizational objectives.
Bachelor’s degree plus 9+ yrs related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. MBA preferred. Skills should include:
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Capacity to work independently; show initiative, self-motivation and a solid work ethic
Works well within the team, utilizing different individual strengths to improve output
Demonstrates the ability to build and maintain relationships in other organizational groups, at multiple levels
Ability to quickly adapt to changing business conditions
Exceptional strategic and analytical skills; including above average knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and other database resources
Strong business acumen, judgment and problem solving skills in order to translate analysis into recommendations and conclusions
Organizational skills with the focus on anticipating needs
Excellent verbal communication skills from quick thinking on conference calls to presentations at senior manager meetings
Integrity and professionalism
Comprehensive knowledge and application business concepts, procedures and practices. Uses in-depth knowledge of business unit functions and cross group dependencies/ relationships. Is recognized as an expert in work group. Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Has broad knowledge of various technical alternatives and their potential impact on the business.
Market Development and Research
United States > Alpharetta : 3650 Mansell Road
Yes, 10 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers
LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-
YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/abbott
Twitter at https://twitter.com/AbbottNews