Abbott Supply Chain Supervisor in Atlanta, United States
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Job Summary :
Collaborates with cross-functional partners across global markets to lead various continuous improvement projects related to inventory management. Ensure appropriateness of demand & phase-in/out planning processes, cost-effective product flows and other supply chain optimization efforts.
Job Duties :
• Prepares, summarizes and presents data accuracy, delivery performance & other key metrics to assess performance, modify production plans & assess/prioritize focused improvement efforts.
• May manage the demand & supply forecasts by analyzing & challenging data to ensure all relevant business requirements/trends are incorporated and appropriately reflected where demand planners/forecasting does not reside within the entity.
• Pulls highly complex reports to prepare, summarize and present to senior level management reporting accuracy, delivery performance & other key metrics to assess performance, modify production plans & assess/prioritize focused improvement efforts.
• Develops and publishes KPI’s as required for all inventory related metrics including: forecast accuracy, DIOH, line order fill rate, stock levels and SJM entity delivery performance
• Establishes back up plans for scenarios related to potential changes in product offerings, customer volumes, manufacturing changes, etc.
• Represents the supply chain program management function in working with sales, customer service, and other departments as necessary to resolve issues
• Works in conjunction with IT and other individuals as necessary to better understand system functionality and how it can be leveraged to enhance supply chain efficiencies.
• Manages accuracy of product identifiers in reports and systems by planning for new products and obsoleting outdated products
• Identifies & manages process improvement projects that improve customer service levels, improve product flows, minimize supply chain costs and improve asset management.
• Partners with global markets and SJM entities to set and monitor distribution center & field inventory targets while optimizing freight costs and minimizing scrap & obsolescence.
• Partners cross-functionally and with global markets and SJM entity to rationalize product portfolios and manage phase-in/out planning.
• Develop & maintain excellent cross-divisional, cross-functional and multi-geographical relationships with key business partners.
• Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
• Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
• Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
• Bachelor Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or related field or equivalent experience
• 8+ year progressive experience in supply chain
• Strong ability to work seamlessly with remote/international sites & business partners
• Strong quantitative & qualitative analysis skills, including a comfort working with large data sets
• Strong analytical, strategic and problem-solving skills required
• Strong MS Excel and quantitative analysis/ability while working with large data sets
• Strong communications and negotiation skills, sensitive to cultural differences while having ability to influence key stakeholders
• Ability to work with multiple stakeholders product division, IT organization, sales management and marketing organization to drive improvement in our operating metrics
• Strong conflict resolution skills to achieve results through cross functional groups.
• Project management skills—ability to manage complex projects and programs. Ability to pull the appropriate functional and geographic functions together to support initiatives.
• Ability to travel approximately 15%, including internationally.
ASJM Abbott St. Jude Medical
United States > Atlanta : 387 Technology Circle NW Suite 500
United States > Minnesota : One St Jude Medical Drive
Yes, 15 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers
LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-
YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/abbott
Twitter at https://twitter.com/AbbottNews