Abbott EHS Supervisor in Bien Hoa, Vietnam
• Implements and tracks EHS projects.
• Performs basic feasibility studies related to project alternatives.
• Establishes and meets commitments to achieve plans and EHS targets, and maintains, measures, and evaluates progress.
• Understands the business requirements and possible impacts, and has knowledge of the stakeholder needs and EHS compliance when developing a project scope.
• Acts as a lead person or technical expert on projects.
• Interprets and adapts division and/or corporate policies, procedures and regulatory standards to site/facility level.
• Assists other professionals and management in the application of standard EHS theories, concepts, and techniques.
• Conducts risk assessments/audits for people, plant and/or process.
• Develops and evaluates EHS programs and serves as an expert to the business.
• Collects and analyzes data to establish EHS priorities and interventions.
Problem Solving / Innovation
• Investigates root causes of problems and incidents.
• Resolves day to day EHS issues.
• Assimilates disparate information from multiple sources, reviews for trends, adjusts plans and draws inferences.
• Provides EHS support and mentors operating unit personnel and junior EHS professionals.
• Designs and delivers EHS training programs.
• Implements EHS policies and procedures.
• Represents organization on projects.
• Frequent contact with mid-level management.
• May act as site representative with external stakeholders.
• Complies with all regulations and standards.
• Ensures EHS compliance and risk mitigation through risk assessments and implementation of strategies.
• Track company, industry and regulatory activities to ensure effective EHS compliance.
• Develops and provides training on programs, systems or EHS compliance.
• Assists with development of strategic EHS plans.
• Participates on cross-divisional teams to develop and align procedures/standards and share best practices.
• Directs the efforts of others, such as technicians and outside resources.
• Develops requests for Capital Expenditures (RCE’s), safety assessments, audit reports, etc.
• Leads and mentors junior and support staff.
• Performs administrative responsibilities relating to technical staff (e.g. performance reviews).
• May supervise EHS professionals and other functional disciplines or be a functional lead.
Vietnam - Bien Hoa
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers
LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-
YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/abbott
Twitter at https://twitter.com/AbbottNews