Abbott Technical Service Specialist, EP in Birmingham, Alabama
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Job Summary : Briefly state the main purpose and scope of the job.
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Technical Services Specialist, EP (EP TSS). Among other duties and responsibilities described herein, the EP TSS provides engineering, sales, educational and technical support in response to field inquiries from physicians, healthcare professionals, patients, and field sales staff, involving both Atrial Fibrillation (AF) and Cardiac Rhythm Management (CRM) products.
Job Duties : List the significant/essential duties, tasks or responsibilities which employees in this position are required to perform.
• Provides technical assistance and support for procedures in which AF and CRM products are used, including during pre- and post-implantation.
• Develops and executes programming for highly complex medical devices.
• Remains technically competent relative to EP best practices and the products offered in the marketplace.
• Develops, leads and/or facilitates trainings and other programs on St. Jude Medical (SJM) products to healthcare professionals.
• Performs work that involves a high degree of independence.
• Identifies and implements the most efficient, cost-effective and best business practices to execute processes; continually evaluates their effectiveness and appropriateness.
• Identifies reports and advises of customer needs, product performance and potential sales opportunities to sales representatives / directors and/or management to influence sales growth and service of accounts.
• Participates in the creation and implementation of long- and short-term sales and business strategies.
• Support all SJM initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
• Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, SJM policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned, which may include taking call on evenings and weekends for time-sensitive patient and customer needs.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs., as needed.
Qualifications : Describe the minimum education and experience, including knowledge, skills and abilities, required to successfully perform the job. List any certificates, license, and/or registrations required.
• Associate’s degree or certificate in healthcare-related field required. Bachelor’s degree in Bio-Medical Engineering or related technical field strongly preferred.
• Requires SJM Brady, Tachy, CRT, Ensite, and EP certification within 12-24 months of hire date.
• Requires HRS certification.
• A minimum of two plus years’ increasingly responsible experience in the cardiac pacing and related industries preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and/or facilitate educational programs to healthcare professionals.
• Demonstrated knowledge of cardiology, electrophysiology, or cardiac electro-physiology procedures preferred.
• Familiarity with cath lab and operating room procedures and protocol.
• Must apply engineering skills and abilities to analyze complex pacing ECGs.
• Must be able to work effectively with engineers, technical specialists, vendors, and customers to achieve assigned goals; must be capable of coordinating multiple assignments simultaneously and effectively.
• Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
• Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
• Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
• Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
• Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
• Ability to travel based on business need.
ASJM Abbott St. Jude Medical
United States of America : Remote
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers
LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-
YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/abbott
Twitter at https://twitter.com/AbbottNews