Abbott Research Operator (2nd Shift) in Columbus, Ohio
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Primary Function/Primary Goals/Objectives:
The Research Operator is responsible for blending, processing, filling and sterilization of liquid and powdered infant and adult nutritional products. Primary functions include, but not limited to: material handling/dispensing, hand cleaning, clean-in-place (CIP), operation of scales, temperature monitoring, routine housekeeping, line clearance verification, allergen control, portable pumps, labeling/finishing of final product packages, package sterilization, operation of heat treatment systems, ink jet coders, container rinsers, standardization and use of pH meters, product sampling and manual filling of package containers.
• Meet departmental standards and expectations for teamwork and customer service
• Demonstrate job proficiency in skills associated with current grade level
• Demonstrate consistency in retaining and applying learned skills
• Adhere to cGMP compliance initiatives and quality systems for the Pilot Plant
• Perform tasks or job functions accurately and in a timely manner
• Demonstrate accountability and responsibility for EHS performance and compliance through active participation and support of Abbott’s EHS program
• Adhere to all policies, procedures and expectations for each area of responsibility
• Execute manufacturing steps per the approved work order documents
• Complete tasks associated with cleaning, CIP and setup of necessary equipment
• Maintain good housekeeping in work areas
• Obtain Better Process Control certification
• Execute environmental monitoring sampling
• Standardize and use pH meters and adjust levels with appropriate reagents
• Prepare blends, slurries and solutions for product manufacture
• Operate heating/cooling of tanks/mixers
• Bulk liquid transfers to tanker and refrigerated trucks
High school diploma/GED required. Bachelor’s Degree in Technical field preferred.
Three years’ experience in a plant production environment (preferably within drug, food or beverage manufacturing)
Knowledge of applicable regulatory standards and requirements for infant formula, adult nutrition, and performance nutrition
Knowledge of food processing techniques and documentation requirements
Ability to read and follow work order documents, troubleshoot equipment breakdowns and operate powered industrial vehicles
Should possess a good mechanical aptitude and solid problem-solving skills
This position is accountable for accurately following all procedures relating to the manufacture of products in the Pilot Plant. Failure to follow all procedures could result in batch loss due to wrong ingredients, incorrect temperatures or being held too long, ingredient mislabel, wrong amount added or not added at all, expired ingredients added, lost product, downtime, and re-blends.
Accountable for the safety of self and other employees while operating equipment.
This position is accountable for complying with applicable FDA (GMP), USDA, OSHA and Abbott regulations, policies, procedures or guidelines.
ANRD Nutrition Research & Development
United States > Columbus : Tech Center
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Lift, carry, push or pull weights of more than 20 pounds/9 kilos on a regular/daily basis
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers
LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-
YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/abbott
Twitter at https://twitter.com/AbbottNews