Abbott Quality Technician II in Dallas, Texas
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
This position is responsible for assisting engineers in developing and maintaining quality engineering methodologies and providing quality technical support within new product development, manufacturing, or system/services support.
• Perform first article incoming inspection of purchased components and inspection of production operations, including documenting inspection and audit results.
Perform final product inspections against specification and procedural requirements. • Document nonconformances as appropriate.
• Monitor and/or perform calibration and maintenance of all test equipment and fixtures.
• Initiate related documentation changes.
• Perform Process Control & Monitoring of critical-to-quality parameters and specifications.
• Collect data, summarize, and document test results.
• Inspect material in the warehouse for incoming raw material, comply with EHS requirements for inspections in the warehouse.
• Inspect incoming chemicals and capable of lifting and carrying 15 – 20lbs for short distances (10-50ft)
• Inspect incoming materials using smart scope, Micrometer, Caliper, ruler and other measurement tools as the required for the respective inspection and per inspection procedure.
• Assist with or perform Gage R&R studies.
• Assist with the selection, installation and programming of precision measuring equipment.
• Create and maintain control plans for products and processes.
• Assist in writing, executing and documenting equipment, product, process, and test method verification, qualifications, and validations.
• Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
• Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned
• High School degree required; 2 year technical degree preferred.
• 2-4 years experience.
• Previous experience in assisting with validations & qualifications, Gage R&R, calibration, test methods, and NCMR dispositioning.
• Knowledge of Quality Systems, FDA regulations, ISO 13485 and applicable worldwide regulatory requirements.
• Experience with optical measurement equipment, hand tools, gages, pressure and force gage testing, and fixture design.
• Training in blueprint reading and experience with sampling techniques. • Good communication and computer skills, including data analysis and report writing skills.
• Prior medical device experience preferred.
• ASQ CQT certification or equivalent preferred.
• Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
• Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
• Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
• Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
• Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
ASJM Abbott St. Jude Medical
United States > Texas : 6901 Preston Road
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers
LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-
YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/abbott
Twitter at https://twitter.com/AbbottNews