Abbott EMEA Regional Procurement Lead in Maidenhead, United Kingdom
The EMEA Regional Procurement lead will manage and provide strategy and direction for Regional purchasing staff in EMEA.
They will directly manage in country procurement staff, providing them direction and ensuring the team works towards adoption of local, regional and Global procurement strategies that meet business needs.
The role will provide direction to each division's functional organizations including quality, marketing, materials management, support services, production and engineering as it relates to purchasing strategies.
This position will interface with stakeholders at a decision-making level.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Direct and Indirect people management of regional staff
Ensuring compliance with applicable corporate and divisional policies and procedures. Assist in ensuring both internal and external compliance with policies, procedures and quality system regulations within the region.
Conceive, initiate, develop , communicate and manage the execution of Abbott Purchasing strategies
Create vision and strategy with a multi-year roadmap to establish the function in EMEA.
Regionally and globally align all regional purchasing organisations to ensure sourcing programs take full benefit of Abbott’s best practices, corporate leverage opportunities and spend vertical activities.
Ensure regional implementation of best practices and compliance across categories.
Assist the organisation through required change initiatives.
Engage stakeholders to promote sourcing programs, aligning purchasing activities and assist in driving projects through complex sourcing processes ensuring results meet the requirements of the organisation.
Nuture stakeholder relationships by serving as a business partner, helping identify critical business requirements
Deliver cross divisional purchasing projects that yield significant benefits to the corporation including savings, re-engineered business procedures, sustainable long term agreements and risk mitigating supply strategies.
Continually look for opportunities for cost reductions, cost avoidance and provide overall value
Measure and track regional team performance.
• Operates with goals set by the EMEA Procurement Manager & EMEA Procurement Director
• Authority to implement action plans to address stakeholder relationships issues and or supply issues.
• Meet the diverse needs of our EMEA stakeholders.
• Measure and track regional team performance.
• Manage in region procurement professionals
BACKGROUND / EDUCATION/ SKILLS
• BA or BSc degree
• Successful work history within procurement and supply chain
• Experience of team management.
• Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or similar certification desirable.
• Strong financial acumen.
• Strong project management Skills
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Excellent interdisciplinary, intercultural, influence and networking skills.
• Strong negotiations skills.
• Working knowledge of commercial laws.
• Highly motivated & results focused with the ability to act with a sense of urgency.
• Process orientated with strong analytical skills and problem solving capabilities
• Ability to operate and execute effectively in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities and challenging deadlines.
• Leadership skills
As you’d expect from an innovative global health care company, we offer a competitive range of benefits including excellent salaries, a defined contribution pension scheme, share ownership scheme, private healthcare, life assurance, and a flexible benefits scheme.
CHMN Office of the Chairman
England > Maidenhead : Abbott House
Yes, 20 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers
LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-
YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/abbott
Twitter at https://twitter.com/AbbottNews