Abbott Equipment Supervisor in Menlo Park, California
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Manage a team of 5-8 Equipment technicians across 2 shifts that maintain equipment for the site (production, R&D, support services). Additionally, develop strategies, solve issues, and initiate projects enhancing the performance of production relative to equipment and tooling in use on line. Job is expected to be approximately 50% supervision / 50% engineering (equipment).
• Supervise, train, and develop nonexempt personnel; develop goals / objectives for all assigned personnel; monitor employees' performance against goals, provide performance feedback; write and conduct development plans / performance appraisals; manage employee HR issues.
• Manage and assign resources to address business needs, including staffing levels, overtime needs and project support.
• Be responsible for overall equipment performance & maintain equipment downtime to an acceptable level; support equipment upgrades/new installations.
• Work as a liaison between Operations, Engineering, Equipment, Materials, Quality Control and Quality Assurance to manage and resolve equipment-based production issues.
• Responsible for motivating all assigned personnel to ensure that all applicable documentation is within compliance of procedures and guidelines.
• Ensure all assigned personnel are in personal training compliance and unique training needs of the group are met.
• Analyzes and solves problems from basic engineering principles, theories and concepts through to a wide range of complex and advanced problems which require novel and new innovative approaches or a major breakthrough in technology.
• Assist / support other functions as needed.
• Promote a safe work environment by ensuring the highest standards in employee safety.
• Present/develop metrics on team performance to site leadership.
Bachelor’s Degree (REQUIRED) Engineering.
Minimum 5+ years in engineering related to a production environment (manufacturing engineering, product development, industrial engineering, quality engineering).
Experience in equipment/maintenance/calibration is preferred, but not required.
NO RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION.
United States > Menlo Park : 3885 Bohannon Drive
Yes, 10 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers
LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-
YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/abbott
Twitter at https://twitter.com/AbbottNews