Abbott Operations Project Manager in Minneapolis, Minnesota
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Manage major projects or combination of projects. Serve as the Department Lead on the following, but is not limited: - Quality - Product launches - Product EOL - Product Enhancements Secure and justify funding. Expedite, manage and coordinate a multitude of interrelated activities within the constraints of limited human and financial resources and changing priorities.
Provide planning, leadership and focus to manage deliverables, scope and objectives of major projects and subprojects.
Coordinate activities, tasks and assignments for various project members, resources and partners.
Provide business updates as needed regarding project status, resource needs and project risks.
Lead and act as a trusted advisor. balance bottom line objectives with long-term interests of the customer.
Responsible for all people-management activities including but not limited to: mentoring, performance management, administrative duties.
Travel up to 10% of the time domestically and / or internationally by any means necessary to support CJRs.
Promote adherence to EHS policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
Complete all required EHS training programs.
Ensure employees report any work related injuries or illness and are promptly investigated.
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the Quality System.
This position is accountable for the following:
1. implementation of strategy, scope, process and programs related to technical support services;
2. providing significant and positive impact to short-term, mid-range and long-term organizational goals;
3. demonstrating continual improvement in technical support, associated quality and compliance related matters;
4. creating a work environment that supports cross-functional team effectiveness;
5. management and development of reporting staff;
6. budgetary responsibilities as a result of the responsibilities of this position there is a high level of risk and visibility inherent with this position.
Demonstrated appropriate level of leadership experience to lead and influence others both with and without direct authority; work is performed without appreciable direction; considerable latitude exists in decision-making; completed work is reviewed from a relatively long- term perspective for desired results; strategic and tactical decisions will be made based upon data the individual provides and/or presents in a management or informal setting; consequences of erroneous decisions or recommendations would negatively impact the goals of the organization; requires high levels of competence, confidence and credibility.
Works without appreciable direction; exercises considerable latitude in determining project / program objectives; completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective for desired results; develops a set of viable alternatives for management; relates risk and gain to critical success factors and recommends actions; makes decisions, recommendations and sets meeting project / program expectations to achieve critical organizational objectives and business needs; responsible for achieving the project / program's financial targets in support of the business objectives; controls budget to meet authorized funding, as agreed to by management; may assist in the training of personnel as directed by management; may mentor others.
Bachelor's degree (preferably in technical, scientific, business or closely related discipline is desired) or equivalent experience and demonstrated competence; an advanced degree (such as a Master's or MBA) is preferred; post-graduate education may contribute toward the desired years of experience; Typically requires 5+ years of experience to develop the competence required to meet the skills and responsibilities of the position. Candidates / incumbents should possess the following:
- skilled in effective leadership, planning, analysis and communication;
- strong decision-making and problem-solving skills; demonstrated good judgment;
- ability to be creative in achieving objectives while assuring compliance to internal and external requirements;
- understanding of the business, internal systems and procedures;
- ability to utilize commonly accepted project management tools to assist in the development of and adherence to a schedule;
- ability or aptitude to work on problems that are complex in scope where analysis of situations or data involves multiple competing factors;
- ability to form and develop interpersonal, professional relationships;
- display socially and professionally appropriate behavior;
- ability to work independently and in groups;
- ability to work cross-functionally;
- ability and aptitude to use various types of databases and other computer software;
- ability to prioritize;
ASJM Abbott St. Jude Medical
United States > Minnesota : 14901 DeVeau Place
Yes, 10 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers
LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-
YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/abbott
Twitter at https://twitter.com/AbbottNews