Abbott Quality Inspector II in Minneapolis, Minnesota
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Perform inspection and testing of purchased materials, components and products in accordance with policy and procedures.
• Performs visual, dimensional and functional inspection and testing according to documented policies and procedures.
• Records inspection and test data as prescribed by written instructions and procedures.
• Operates all associated test and measurement equipment as instructed and as documented in procedures.
• Recommends changes to policies and procedures.
• May prepare and submit change requests.
• Documents non-conformance in Non-Conforming Material Review system.
• Participates in GR&R studies as directed by engineers or technicians.
• Collects data for First Article inspections.
• Performs testing and inspection in accordance with special test requests.
• May train other Inspectors.
• Assists in gathering, analyzing, and trending of data.
• Performs work of a miscellaneous nature as required.
• Support all Divisional initiatives as identified by divisional management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements
• Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
• Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
May, on occasion, work with a variety of production equipment, small hand tools, test equipment, and precision measuring instruments. Also uses standard office equipment such as telephone, fax/copier, and a personal computer with standard office software.
Working environment varies from standard office/cubicle with air/sound/light control to general laboratory and production areas with varying physical conditions including “clean room” situations.
• High School degree/GED 2-5 years experience.
• Previous experience in Quality performing inspection.
• Previous experience working with Vision system.
• Experience with optical measurement equipment, hand tools, gages, pressure and force gage testing
• Training in blueprint reading and experience with inspection sampling techniques Knowledge of FDA, GMP, ISO 13485.
• Good communication and computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Prior medical device component inspection experience preferred.
• ASQ CMI certification.
• Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
• Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
• Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
• Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
• Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance; must be willing to work overtime, including weekends.
ASJM Abbott St. Jude Medical
United States > Minnesota : One St Jude Medical Drive
United States > Minnesota : 177 East County Rd B
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers
LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-
YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/abbott
Twitter at https://twitter.com/AbbottNews