Abbott Sr. Manufacturing Technician in Minneapolis, Minnesota
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Provides technical support relating to equipment utilized in the manufacturing areas by repairing, maintaining, or modifying production equipment utilizing technical expertise, technical manuals, schematic drawings, precision tools, and test equipment
· Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
· Responds to assembly line equipment repair calls, by diagnosing equipment problems, and performing the necessary repair.
· Documents equipment qualifications and upgrades made to existing machines, including preventative maintenance performed and parts used, to ensure appropriate documentation of repair history in the MP2 maintenance database.
· Maintains back-up equipment and ensures spare parts are maintained at the required levels, to meet manufacturing equipment needs.
· Assists industrial, manufacturing, and quality engineers in the operation of equipment.
· Provides equipment development engineers with feedback on equipment issues and offers suggestions for improving equipment uptime.
· Assist in the construction of worktables, providing necessary utilities, and setting up of equipment on manufacturing assembly lines.
· Modifies existing assembly lines or workstations as required to accommodate manufacturing demands.
· May provide work direction to other employees in work group.
· Plans and organizes project assignments of substantial variety and complexity.
· Initiates or maintains schedule for projects and project milestones.
· Establishes priorities of individual or project assignments.
· Solves complex problems requiring extensive interpretation of procedures and practices to provide leadership in evolving projects.
· Selects methods and practices to solve problems using ingenuity, creativity, and a high degree of independent action and initiative.
· Proposes solutions independently; makes decisions on projects.
· Develops and implements projects from concept to completion.
Minimum Education & Experience
· Two-year degree with 6+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and technical work experience.
· May also require a license or certification in the area of expertise.
· Applies extensive knowledge of complex technical concepts and practices, and a complete understanding of product or systems fundamentals in a functional area, and working knowledge of other related disciplines.
· Utilizes/interprets advanced numerical and statistical data and/or computer software programs to present documentation and analysis and resolve production, technical, or systems problems. Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.; (Cognitive Skills)
· Performs extremely complex or specialized technical assignments usually in the nature of projects, requiring working independently.
· May design, develop, or modify area-specific equipment, materials, systems, and/or product.
· Assignments require considerable judgment, high degree of initiative, creative approaches in troubleshooting, and making recommendations for continuous quality improvement of work methods for functional area.
ASJM Abbott St. Jude Medical
United States > Minnesota : 5050 Nathan Lane N.
Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers
LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-
YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/abbott
Twitter at https://twitter.com/AbbottNews