Abbott Statistical Programmer II in Minneapolis, Minnesota
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
We are seeking an experienced Statistical Programmer to support clinical trial analysis and reporting in the Global Clinical Affairs organization. The role includes statistical programming support for clinical study reports and publications, and validation of statistical programs. This role will work with statisticians, statistical programmers, and clinical study teams on clinical studies in a variety of therapy areas.
Each employee can make a difference at Abbott and has the power, either individually or as a team, to influence the success of the company. We are team-oriented, fast-paced and progressive. We value people with great ideas who partner with others both internally and externally to take action and accomplish goals.
Impact this role will have on Abbott:
• Provides statistical programing support for assigned clinical studies or projects
• Creates analysis datasets per specifications for each study
• Programs customized data displays in accordance with approved statistical analysis plan and shell displays for clinical studies
• Reviews table shells for clinical study reports
• Writes statistical programs to generate tables, figures and listings for clinical study reports
• Prepares documentation for statistical programs
• Conducts data checks to ensure data integrity
• Creates standard macros to improve efficiencies
• Provides input on standardization of processes, programs and documentation to improve efficiencies
• Conducts validation activities as assigned
• Maintains current knowledge in developments in statistical programming languages (SAS)
• Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
Your required experience(s), education and knowledge will further expand Abbott’s marketplace success:
Under the supervision of a statistician, this role will support accurate and timely reports to regulatory authorities, analyses to support publications activities.
• Bachelors in engineering, statistics or biostatistics, mathematics, or closely related field.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in statistical programming in SAS, preferably in the medical device industry.
• Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
• Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
• Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
• Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
• Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
Your preferred qualifications and education:
· Master’s degree in engineering, statistics or biostatistics, mathematics, or closely related field.
Clinical Affairs / Statistics
ASJM Abbott St. Jude Medical
United States > Minnesota : 5050 Nathan Lane N.
Belgium : Building Figueras Da Vinci Laan, 11 Box F1, United States > Massachusetts : 1 North Avenue, United States > Minnesota : One St Jude Medical Drive, United States > Sunnyvale : 645 Almanor Ave, United States > Sylmar : 15900 Valley View Court
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers
LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-
YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/abbott
Twitter at https://twitter.com/AbbottNews