Abbott Clinical Specialist II, CPT in Phoenix, Arizona
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Job Summary : Briefly state the main purpose and scope of the job.
As a member of the clinical support team within an assigned geography, is responsible for providing technical clinical expertise and support of the sales process to colleagues, current customers and/or potential customers. Works under moderate direction with clinical and sales teammates to identify and capitalize on sales opportunities by creating competency, comfort and expertise with all SJM cardiovascular technologies among physician, lab technician and cath lab support staff within assigned geography. Performs work that involves a high degree of independence. Exercises independent judgment in planning, organizing, and performing work; monitors performance and reports status to manager.
Job Duties : List the significant/essential duties, tasks or responsibilities which employees in this position are required to perform.
• As directed by his/her sales manager, contacts, visits and interests clients and potential clients in the Company’s products and addresses any client questions and concerns.
• Provides medical professionals with sales support, information, and training on the use of Company products and with staff education, in-services and technical troubleshooting.
• Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of assigned accounts and customers to include competitor activity
• Conducts evaluations and develops sales strategies for capital equipment opportunities within accounts.
• Collects and studies information about new and existing products and monitors competitor sales, prices and products.
• May attend trade shows where new products and technologies are showcased and conferences to meet other sales representatives and clients and discuss new product developments.
• Provides sales support, educational support, and clinical expertise/guidance to internal colleagues.
• Provides sales support, clinical in-services, training, and guidance to current or potential customers.
• Uses clinical expertise to identify customer training and in-service needs with the goal of increasing customer usage, comfort and understating of all SJM cardiovascular product lines.
• Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
• Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
Qualifications : Describe the minimum education and experience, including knowledge, skills and abilities, required to successfully perform the job. List any certificates, license, and/or registrations required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or related experience. Must have current nursing licensure.
• Minimum 3-5 years experience in a clinical setting.
• 1-3 years experience with ANS, or in similar spinal cord stimulation (SCS) setting or with another implantable medical device company.
• Strong clinical skills.
• Excellent organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
• Excellent interpersonal verbal, written and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels within and outside the organization.
• Capable of building strong working relationships with internal/external customers.
• Accustomed to tight deadlines and managing multiple tasks.
• Strong sense of urgency.
• Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
• Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
• Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
• Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
• Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
• Ability to travel approximately XX%, including internationally.
• Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
ASJM Abbott St. Jude Medical
United States of America : Remote
Yes, 25 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers
LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-
YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/abbott
Twitter at https://twitter.com/AbbottNews