Abbott Staff Component Engineer in Roseville, Minnesota
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Job Summary :
Performs analyses to develop design specifications and performance requirements. Provides technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties and process (advantages/ limitations) engineering planning. Selects techniques to solve problems and make sound design recommendations.
Job Duties :
• Establish processes based on product specifications.
• Evaluate process and design alternatives based on “Design for Manufacturability” principles.
• Understand principles of “Cost of Goods Sold”
• Manage program compliance with Quality Control requirements (i.e. Design Control, Process validation etc.).
• Understand IP issues relative to processes being developed.
• Maintain knowledge of new developments in manufacturing and design technologies.
• Understand work environment issues (i.e. OSHA regulations, etc.).
• May supervise or provide work direction to other engineers and technicians
• May lead or serve as member on cross-functional project teams
• Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
• Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned
• BS degree Engineering (Chemical/Manufacturing/Mechanical preferred) or Technical Field required or equivalent experience; advanced degree preferred
• 9+ years manufacturing engineering experience required
- Experience working as a Component Engineer is required.
• Experience designing and testing medical devices preferred
• Experience developing manufacturing processes and technologies and designing for manufacturability preferred
Experience working with Suppliers and Supplier QEs
This position is a technical engineering role, not audit or quality.
• Previous project management and people management experience required
• Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
• Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
• Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
• Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
• Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
• Ability to travel approximately 25%, including internationally.
• Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
OPEN TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES AT A LOWER LEVEL FOR THIS POSITION.
United States > Roseville : 2825 Fairview Avenue North
United States > Minnesota : 177 East County Rd B
Yes, 25 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers
LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-
YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/abbott
Twitter at https://twitter.com/AbbottNews