Abbott Product Manager II in Santa Clara, California
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Primary Job Function:
Focus on creation of programs, tools and services to demonstrate differentiated value to hospital administrators beyond the product/device benefits. Develop and execute marketing strategy - identifying, analyzing and translating healthcare trends and competitive information into actionable plans. Leverage knowledge of current and forecasted legislative and environmental trends to shape direction; create messaging and tools Corporate Accounts team can use to translate clinical data into economic value. Coach sales management to identify key drivers for different target audiences and foster a sense of passion and stewardship within the team. Demonstrate a strategic understanding of the cross-functional dependencies in the commercial organization, and coordinate alignment across product groups. Align with training, KOL teams to develop a customer engagement strategy to maintain a cadence of contact with our customer advisors beyond their advisory board meeting participation.
Core Job Responsibilities:
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
· Development and execution of the marketing plan. This includes definition of and segmentation of the market; targeting and positioning; and all aspects of the marketing mix (product; place/distribution; price; and integrated marketing/promotion).
· Competition and Positioning: Thoroughly understand competitive offerings and provide the sales team with appropriate positioning and tools stressing relevant differentiation.
· Promotion: Optimize core tools provided by Global Marketing as needed and launch with appropriate localization; training; focus and monitoring.
· Internal Communication: Responsible for creating a clear line of communication between the sales team and all other areas that affect the product...Global Marketing; RA; QA; etc.
· External Communication: Interface with consultants; marketing research firms; ad agencies; other vendors; and customers to effectively manage and grow business profitably; while maintaining a customer focus woven throughout all activities.
Position Accountability / Scope:
Business Process goals will be measured against commitments in the annual marketing plan. Compliance with the Quality System; and all Ethics/Compliance guidelines is required.
Bachelor's Degree required; MBA a plus
Minimum Experience / Training Required:
· healthcare experience – 3 years minimum or equivalent background experience
· Marketing experience - 2 years minimum.
· Product launch experience
· Informatics product experience
· Project management experience
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Prefer working in a collaborative, cross-team capacity. This role requires you to work across functions and
departments to bring the product to life. You are at the center of our entire organization, constantly interacting
with teammates and prospects.
The position requires an understanding of both the technology and capabilities of ADD’s products, market and customer dynamics, and functional operations across departments. Must have demonstrated leadership capability and an understanding of the sales process for diagnostics. Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting software and IVD products is preferred.Additionally, the successful candidate will exhibit:
· Positive attitude.
· Leadership: Desire and ability to lead the organization to ensure goals achievement.
· Excellent verbal, written, and presentation/communication skills.
· Deep understanding of the complexities of diagnostics market and customer needs
· Ability to develop, rationalize, and present strategy.
· Strong analytical and computer skills, with working knowledge of financial models.
Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and resourcefulness.
United States > Santa Clara : Building B - SC Floor-3
Yes, 25 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers
LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-
YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/abbott
Twitter at https://twitter.com/AbbottNews