Abbott Engineer I Development Quality in Sylmar, California
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
A Development Quality Engineer assures new or modified products conform to quality standards and establishes compliance with the quality system. Responsible for maintaining a strong collaborative partnership with cross-functional team members that facilitates organizational success by protecting patient/user safety and meeting business needs.
• Execute and support on-time completion of Design Control Deliverables
• Support on-time execution of Quality Plans for internal development, OEM-based, Clinical Product Development (CPDP), and design change projects
• Support Design Verification and Validation planning & execution, including active cross-functional rootcause analysis investigation & resolution activities
• Support Risk Management activities from product Concept through Commercialization
• Support design test and inspection method development, and execute method validation activities
• Support DHF content completion, integrity, and regulatory & standards compliance; collaboratively communicating & resolving gaps
• Support manufacturing process development & qualification for new product commercialization and product changes
• Support internal & external audit responses
• Support product re-certifications
• Support the establishment of objective, measurable, discrete, and verifiable customer and product requirements
• Support objective component specification definitions, supplied component sampling plan development, and vendor qualifications • Support execution of biocompatibility and sterilization qualifications • Complete Document Change Request Reviews in a timely and objective manner
• Additional duties may be identified by functional management based on the current project/business objectives.
• Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
• Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments..
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
• Bachelor level degree in Engineering or Technical Field, advance degree preferred
• 0-2 years experience
• Previous engineering experience preferred
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
• Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
• Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
• Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
• Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
ASJM Abbott St. Jude Medical
United States > Sylmar : 15900 Valley View Court
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers
LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-
YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/abbott
Twitter at https://twitter.com/AbbottNews