Abbott Executive Assistant in United States
Predominantly office-based (Shirley, Solihull) this role provides dedicated support to the General Manager for the legacy St. Jude Medical business for the UK and Ireland.
Responsibilities will include:
Diary Management and Travel Arrangements:
• To manage the GM’s diary to co-ordinate meetings, conferences, presentations, appraisals etc. and take a pro-active approach to potential changes in itinerary/location.
• Arrange flights, trains, car hire and conference calls on a local and international basis.
• Approve decisions, requests, expenditure and recommendations on behalf of the senior management team in their absence, according to agreed guidelines and policies.
• Produce letters, reports, graphs, presentations etc. to a high professional standard.
• Management of emails, telephone calls and general correspondence as directed by the GM.
• To assist the GM gathering, organising and presenting management information and data in advance of scheduled meetings.
• Research and investigate information to enable strategic and operational decision by the GM.
Meetings & Events
• Attendance at management meetings to produce minutes/reports and chase actions on behalf of the GM as and when required.
• Organize meetings, conferences and adhoc events.
This is a high-level, varied EA role in a fast-paced, dynamic organisation. Candidates will be educated to A level standard, a business/secretarial qualification is preferred, but not essential. 3-5 years Personal Assistant experience to Director/CEO or Chairman level is also preferred. Excellent IT skills are essential including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook. Excellent organisation, a proactive approach and excellent communication and persuasive skills are required.
There will be some requirement for offsite travel.
ASJM Abbott St. Jude Medical
United Kingdom : Capulet House Stratford Business & Technology Park Banbury Rd
Yes, 20 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers
LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-
YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/abbott
Twitter at https://twitter.com/AbbottNews