Abbott Senior IT Compliance Analyst in Waukegan, Illinois
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
The primary functions of IT Compliance Auditor I role includes:
• Systematically evaluate and improve effectiveness of risk management, controls, and governance processes through a disciplined approach of performing internal audits and analysis of quality IT systems and operational areas on a global basis.
• Ensure GIS IT systems are developed and maintained in accordance with Abbott Policies, Standards and/or local regulatory requirements.
• Lead and perform compliance audits of the GIS systems and operational areas.
• Coordinate and perform assessments of external IT Suppliers.
• Manage all aspects of direct audits of GIS including: o work directly with the auditors, and act as liaison between the auditor and respective organizations within GIS. o identify the appropriate Subject Matter Expert (SME) to address the topic and scope of the audit. o coordinate back room audit activities as necessary. o Requests for information to support a divisional or site audit are delivered in a timely and accurate manner.
• Manage all in-direct audit request of GIS by performing the following: o Monitor incoming request for information for audits o Deliver requested information in a timely and accurate manner.
• Monitor the completion of Corrective and Preventative Actions to address the deficiencies identified during the audit.
• Collects data related to the tracking and trending of audit related topics.
• Understands the basic concepts related Governance, Risk Management and Compliance as it applies it to IT and QA areas.
• Demonstrates good verbal and written skills.
• Participates as SME on continuous improvement teams within GIS.
• Work with SMEs from the various organizations with GIS to retrieve or develop documentation to satisfy audit requests or inquiries from Abbott divisions or sites.
Core Job Responsibilities for of IT Compliance Auditor I role includes:
Develop risk-based audit test plans to properly test the audit objectives and scope as define in the audit schedule.
Conduct and manage audits per the define test plans.
Provide communication and status to management during the course of audits.
Develop and issue audits report in a timely manner.
Maintain departmental databases including entry of information on the audits assessments, observations and action items.
Conduct, document and communicate assessments of IT supplier per departmental procedures.
Monitor the defined audit action items and provide notification to Responsible Parties of upcoming deadlines.
Work with Responsible Parties to obtain objective evidence and closure of action items.
Coordinate with GIS QA to obtain approval of closure documentation.
Collect the necessary data to provide metrics as defined by management.
Properly handle, store, retain all quality assurance documentation and reports.
• Effective performance helps to improve quality within GIS and prevent regulatory and security vulnerabilities.
• The position is responsible for ensuring that executive management is aware of compliance and security risks.
• The position will routinely review, test, analyze and report on the effectiveness of the internal process and controls used within GIS.
• The individual must be able to work efficiently with only management oversight.
• Decisions must be made based upon up-to-date technical/business knowledge and skills.
• The responsibility requires very effective communication and decision making with all levels of management as well as other division and corporate departments.
Required: Bachelor Degree – Computer Science or other technical/scientific area or High School diploma with equivalent IT and/or compliance experience. Preferred audit certifications, CQA, CSQE, CSTE, CISSP, CISM, CISA, GIAC.
Information Risk & Quality Assurance
United States > Waukegan : J46 Floor-1
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers
LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-
YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/abbott
Twitter at https://twitter.com/AbbottNews