Abbott Senior Project Manager in Waukegan, Illinois
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
This position provides IT project and portfolio leadership for the Product Development and Approval domain in Business Solutions and Services. The Product Development and Approval domain is responsible clinical, R&D and product life cycle management systems across all divisions. The Sr. Project Manager provides leadership in coordinating a multitude of inter-related IT project activities to ensure the successful completion of projects. This needs to be done within the constraints of human and financial resources and changing priorities. Works with business and IT management to establish and gain consensus on project goals, objectives and deliverables. Assesses the degree to which changes to scope, issues and risks will affect projects working with department, divisional management and sponsor to gain agreement for resolution.
The incumbent develops and executes a work plan obtaining authorized resources to ensure all activities are performed. Coordinates resources to ensure project needs are addressed and effectively assigns tasks and deliverables to team members based upon their abilities. Supervises and motivates cross-functional project team of vendor resources, business analysts, developers, and validation analysts. Measures performance to assure the project is progressing as compared to original plan and budget.
This position communicates project progress by producing project reports to provide timely and accurate project status and decision support information to the project team, the project sponsors and management. Gathers lessons learned and obtains final project approval from sponsor and stakeholders. Responsible for compliance with SLC and applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
• The successful candidate will have demonstrated strong project leadership skills in medium-to-large scale global projects.
• The position requires a minimum of 6 years of progressive IT project management experience demonstrating excellent leadership, communication and negotiation skills.
• The successful candidate must have the ability to interact with senior IT and business management and work in a dynamic environment with high visibility.
• The candidate must have strong analytical skills and prior experience in the full software lifecycle methodology.
• Must have the ability to establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with all levels within the IT organization, the business function and any external partners.
• Must be a proven self-starter who is able to function with minimal management direction.
• Must have excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple initiatives and prioritize activities based on business impact.
• Ability and desire to understand business process and apply to technology.
• Clinical, R&D and product life cycle management system experience is a plus
IT Services & Solutions Delivery
GIS Global Information Services
United States > Waukegan : J46 Floor-1
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers
LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-
YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/abbott
Twitter at https://twitter.com/AbbottNews