Abbott Senior Specialist in Abbott Park, Illinois
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Position will support corp Product Stewardship organization and assist in the management of MDR, REACH, RoHS and Conflict Mineral regulations. Product Bill of Material knowledge is required. Project management and data analysis skills are a plus.
A professional who, working with little or no supervision, applies established principles, practices, regulations and internal standards, interacts with customers and is solutions-minded in planning, directing and completing assignments.
Core Job Responsibilities
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
· Independently plans and conducts assigned projects;
· Manages multiple, often concurrent, projects and meets deadlines;
· Facilitates the definition of a project scope with stakeholders;
· Independently performs feasibility studies related to project alternatives;
· Develops schedules (with metrics if required) and seeks concurrence from stakeholders;
· Responsible for achieving the project's targets or deliverables.
· Maintains project scope, cost and schedule; develops strategy and executes contingency, if necessary.
· Applies technical knowledge/skills to programs and systems.
· Anticipates future business needs and develops new skills as appropriate.
· Benchmarks internally and externally.
· Independently executes, and/or directs others in the planning and execution of projects.
· Designs and leads projects. Reports findings.
· Prepares and communicates recommendations and respective action plans.
· Presents technical information in an understandable format to non-technical audiences.
· Has recognized expertise in theories, principles and analytical tools.
Problem Solving / Innovation:
· Produces value added and cost-effective results.
· Identifies, analyzes and resolves existing/new challenges.
· Integrates solutions across the business within regulatory constraints.
· Conducts investigations and root cause analysis.
· Provides recommendations as appropriate.
· Develops solutions to a wide range of complex problems where in-depth analysis is required.
· Anticipates future trends, obstacles and barriers as they relate to technical expertise and develops strategies to address.
· Mentors others by sharing technical expertise and providing feedback and guidance.
· Interfaces with regulatory agencies, trade groups and peers from similar organizations.
· Represents the company in external meetings.
· Communicate information effectively and in a timely manner with team members.
· Establishes networks. Is a good listener and open to suggestions; shares resources, knowledge and serves as an expert in cross-functional projects.
· Builds professional relationships with colleagues, customers, contractors, and vendors.
· Identifies training needs.
· Develops amends and conducts training.
· Prepares and delivers presentations intended to motivate or persuade others to adopt a specific recommendation or course of action.
· Supports compliance with all applicable regulations and internal standards.
· Stays current on changing technical requirements, regulations and standards.
· Identifies potential risks and consequences of new and modified processes/systems/regulations and takes appropriate action.
· Ensures timeliness and accuracy of required documentation.
· Is able to identify potential consequences of non-conformance and takes appropriate action.
· Represents the function during external regulatory inspections and internal audits.
· Analyzes and communicates performance data.
· Responsible for achieving or contributing towards targets.
· Develops and maintains procedures and standards.
· Completes Requests for Capital Expenditures (RCEs) EHS checklist, and prepares project scope documents.
· Provides training.
· Represents EHS on committees, project teams, etc.
· Assists in the resolution of problems, and crisis situations requiring fast, astute decisions with rapid implementation by utilizing technical training and experience.
· Directs the efforts and development of others such as technicians and outside resources.
Provides mentoring in technical and organizational areas.
· A Technical or Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, science, nursing (Masters Nursing Degree required) or closely related discipline is desired, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence.
Minimum Experience / Training Required
· 5+ years of desired and/or operational experience.
· Demonstrate competencies within the following; Set Vision & Strategy, Anticipate, Innovate, Build and Deliver Results. A post-graduate education / degree are desired, and may contribute towards the desired years of experience.
· Professional certification(s) desirable.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com