Abbott Financial Analyst in Austin, Texas
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Financial Analyst. This position will focus on planning & analysis, functional related expenses, revenue reporting and various other financial analyses. This position will require providing support to a diverse group of professionals at varying levels across the organization. This role will also conduct complex financial planning, analysis and reporting activities for the assigned entity/ies and partner cross-functionally to achieve annual operating plan and quarterly forecast commitments. This role may provide guidance to less experienced financial analysts.
Interpret financial information on costs, prices, expenses and revenues and make recommendations to management.
Conduct and document complex financial analysis projects.
Develop analysis of economic indicators in order to prepare forecasts and analyze the company's short, medium, and long term position.
Prepare in-depth evaluations of plans and identify new methods of analysis and presentation.
Data collected and analyzed include revenues, expenses, costs, prices, investments, cash flow, profits, inflation, and exchange rates.
May coach, advise, or train less-experienced financial analysis staff.
Required experience(s), education and knowledge will further expand Abbott’s marketplace success:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in all phases of financial planning and analysis, general or cost accounting , or budgeting and planning in a complex multi-site corporate or manufacturing environment.
• 0-3 years of medical device experience preferred
• Strong experience and proficiency with finance/accounting related software packages. Advanced Excel skills and Hyperion Essbase strongly preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
• Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
• Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detai
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com