Abbott EHS Manager - Arizona Plant in Casa Grande, Arizona
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Primary Job Function:
Provides leadership to inspect and evaluate employee workplace, equipment, processes, and external environment to ensure compliance with governmental regulations; industry standards; and Abbott EHS and Security policies and procedures. Performs with little or no supervision, applies advanced EHS knowledge to complete assignments, and interacts with customers. Is solutions-minded in planning, directing, and completing EHS requirements. Proven track record of managing and developing direct reports.
Core Job Responsibilities:
· Mentors direct reports and management team by sharing technical expertise and providing feedback and guidance.
· Where appropriate, provides tasks / project assignment opportunities for employee development and evaluates performance.
· Represents the organization as primary EHS contact.
· Interacts with both senior management and external personnel on significant EHS matters.
· Prepares and reviews written communication.
· Conveys information effectively through formal and informal documents and meetings.
· As appropriate, may move forward with action plans without seeking approval.
· Exhibits advanced ability to apply concepts of careful communication.
· Follows through on EHS goals and incorporates the ideas of others; shares resources, knowledge and accountability to benefit the objectives of the business.
· Establishes professional networks and relationships with local regulatory agencies personnel.
· Acts as a trusted EHS advisor.
· Regularly communicates a high-level EHS summary to management.
· Drives EHS performance and metric improvements.
· Ensures compliance with all regulations and standards.
· Ensures EHS compliance and risk mitigation through risk assessments and implementation of strategies.
· Tracks company, industry and regulatory activities to ensure effective EHS compliance.
· Develops and provides training on programs, systems or EHS compliance.
· Assists in the development and implementation of Global Standards across the business.
· Develop long range plan to support EHS strategy, considering long term goals and EHS continuous improvement.
Identifies, plans and conducts complex and/or large-size projects.
Develops site EHS Strategic Plan, meeting its objectives in a timely manner.
· Managing multiple, often concurrent, projects and meets deadlines.
· Performs feasibility studies related to project alternatives.
· Maintains project controls and reporting for cost, scope and schedule; developing execution plan and contingency plan if necessary.
· Understands the business requirements and possible impacts, and has a thorough knowledge of the stakeholder needs and EHS compliance when developing a project scope.
· Works with a wide degree of latitude to plan, conduct and direct projects.
· Responsible for achieving EHS targets in support of business objectives.
· Acts as a lead person or technical expert on complex projects.
· Benchmarks internally and externally.
· Keeps abreast of current EHS trends and practices.
· Executes, and / or directs EHS programs or projects.
· Serves as a subject matter expert in their field of expertise.
· Directs major projects requiring origination and application of new and unique approaches.
· Conducts complex investigations.
· Set functional or site strategic and policy direction.
· Develops and utilizes best-in-class analytical tools to perform job.
· Communicates across functions and disciplines, and presents data to management.
Problem Solving / Innovation:
· Conceptualizes complete solutions for novel or complex problems; integrates regulatory and operational needs;
· Conducts complex investigations identifying root causes.
· Based on root cause analysis, identifies and provides resources to implement solutions.
· Structures EHS initiatives or programs that integrate cross-disciplinary and cross-functional issues to arrive at optimal/best-in-class course of action.
· Explores multiple alternatives.
· Applies technology in innovative ways.
· Addresses stakeholders needs.
· Is identified as EHS Subject Matter Expert.
· Participates or leads cross-divisional teams to develop and align procedures/standards and share best practices.
· Directs the efforts of others, such as technicians and outside resources.
· Develops and approves requests for Capital Expenditures (RCE’s), safety assessments, audit reports, etc.
· Develops and manages budget.
Position Accountability / Scope:
· Works independently.
· Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment.
· Develops scenarios to give management a set of viable alternatives and recommends actions.
· Decisions or recommendations would result in achievement of key organizational objectives and compliance.
· Drives functional performance that meets required standards and regulatory compliance.
· A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in EHS, Engineering, science, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence.
· A post-graduate education / degree is desired, and may contribute towards the desired years of experience.
Minimum Experience / Training Required:
· 8+ years of EHS experience.
· Demonstrate competencies within the following; Set Vision & Strategy, Anticipate, Innovate, Build and Deliver Results.
· Professional certification is desirable.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org