Abbott Data Engineer in Chicago, Illinois
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Main Purpose of Role
This will be a foundational member role in a small team of talented and highly motive data engineers, and big data architects to create big data based advanced analytical platforms and products
• Create, deploy and optimize large scale data
• Use extensive data engineering expertise to design and build solutions/ products for analyzing large data sets and identify patterns and relationships
• Manage data sources, organize data and create data assets using identified open source or proprietary tools
• Work closely with SMEs, functional experts in Commercial, R&D, finance, etc. for building data pipeline from structure and unstructured data sources
• Work on newest tools and technologies powering these analytics wave - Scala, Scalding, Spark, Hadoop
• Deploy advanced machine learning techniques and algorithms and work in a truly Big Data way
Travel occasionally per needs of the assigned project.
Major/Field of Study
Bachelors Degree (± 16 years)
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following – Math, Physics, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Quantitative Sciences
Minimum 16 years
•Strong problem-solving skills
•Experience in any from AWS, Python, R, Spark, hive, HBase, Hadoop, Kafka, YARN etc. will be a plus
•Attention to detail and organization/ documentation skills
•Ability to prioritize and triage deadline-driven tasks in a high-pressure environment
•Basic knowledge of distributed computing, parallel processing and large scale data management
•Experience manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume data from varying sources
•Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, actionable manner
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com