Abbott Senior Manufacturing Process Engineer in Clonmel, Ireland
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Abbott in Ireland
In Ireland, Abbott employs almost 3,000 people across 10 sites. Abbott has six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third party manufacturing management operation in Sligo. It has commercial, support operations and shared services in Dublin. Abbott serves the Irish market with a diverse range of health care products including diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals. Abbott has been operating in Ireland since 1946.
Abbott Ireland Vascular Division – Clonmel
Abbott Vascular is one of the world's leading vascular care businesses. Abbott Vascular is uniquely focused on advancing the treatment of vascular disease and improving patient care by combining the latest medical device innovations with world-class pharmaceuticals, investing in research and development and advancing medicine through training and education.
Our broad line of vascular devices–which includes vessel closure, endovascular and coronary technologies–are used to treat vessel diseases of the heart, carotid arteries and peripheral blood vessels. These vessel diseases can lead to heart attack, stroke, critical limb ischemia and other serious vascular conditions.
We currently have a vacancy for a Manufacturing Engineer and this position will involve the following:
Will work within the Projects Engineering team (team of 8), primarily focused on capacity expansion activities, cost improvement projects, process improvements and divisional initiatives.
Experience in Project Management is strongly desired as well as experience in Operations support with a strong understanding of production environment. Exposure to validation and report writing as well as experience troubleshooting technical issues (DMAIC/green belt) is desired.
Initiates and completes technical activities leading to new or improved products or process, for current programs, next generation programs and to meet strategic goals and objectives of the company. Prepares reports, publishes, and makes presentations to communicate findings.
Analyses and solves problems from basic engineering principles, theories and concepts through to a wide range of complex and advanced problems which require novel and new innovative approaches or a major breakthrough in technology.
Understands engineering principles theories, concepts, practices and techniques. Develops knowledge in a field to become a recognised leader or authority in an area of specialisation and applies this knowledge in leadership roles in the company.
Incorporates business policies and procedures into task completion. Understands the business needs of the company, and has knowledge of the customer needs of our business. Understands the business cycle and foresight of emerging technologies trends.
Cultivates internal and external network of resources to complete tasks. Serves as a resource in the selection orientation and training of new engineers and employees. May lead a project team, determining goals and objectives for the projects. Mentors employees by sharing technical expertise and providing feedback and guidance.
Interacts cross functionally and with internal and external customers. Serves as a consultant for engineering or scientific interpretations and advice on significant matters. Acts as a spokesperson to customers on business unit current and future capabilities.
Participates in validation activity. Role may vary between providing input to owning activities such as protocol/report writing and managing execution of validation activities.
Education & Job Skills:
- National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) level 7 qualification in a relevant discipline. 4+ years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Working technical knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures. General understanding of business unit/group function. Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in non-compliance with governmental regulations.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Must have a broad knowledge of technical alternatives and an understanding of their impact on the systems environment
- Cultivates a wide range of internal networks and begins to develop an extensive external network of resources to facilitate completion of tasks. May lead a project team of moderate scope. Provides guidance to less experienced staff. Acts as a mentor to lower level individual contributors. Influence exerted at peer level and occasionally at first levels of management.
- Plans, organises, and priorities own daily work routine to meet established schedule.
- Excercises authority and judgement within defined limits to determine appropriate action. Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays in program schedules and may result in the allocation of additional resources.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com