Abbott Commerical Analytics - Brand Analyst in Columbus, Ohio
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Deliver balanced understanding of data and business dynamics that allows the commercial analytics team to provide clear point of view and recommendations for market share maximizing actions. Provide quality insights and analysis regarding the retail and consumption dynamics of the infant formula category. Insights will be driven through understanding of key external data sources, primarily Nielsen and retailer point-of-sale (POS) data, as well as internal survey data. In addition to strong technical and analytical expertise, this position is responsible for providing strong thought leadership and support to our cross functional partners in marketing, finance, and sales.
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
· On-going point of view of trends surrounding IFTMC/KTTMC/Nielsen, and retailer POS.
· Data interpretation, insight illustration, and recommendations that support the growth and understanding of our pediatric brands.
· Data support around the financial planning processes related to our pediatric brands.
· Conduct ad hoc analysis to anticipate emergent business questions and move beyond “what happened” to “what will happen next.”
· Provide data and insights in support of investor relations-relevant information regarding the pediatric business.
· Design, build, and maintain key weekly/monthly business reports that focus on share performance and market parameters.
Bachelor’s degree required, preference for concentrations in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Information Systems, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Marketing Research, or Consumer Behavior.
Knowledge of applicable regulatory standards and requirements for infant formula and nutritionals.
· 3+ years of corporate analytics experience (marketing analytics experience preferred) developing, building, and automating reports and dashboards as well as developing KPIs for marketing and brand partners
· Strong preference for experience in at least one of the following areas: healthcare analytics, consumer packaged goods, investor relations, AC Nielsen Syndicated data, retail
· Demonstrated ability in managing data and building insights related to both market trends and retail consumption
· Demonstrated experience with marketing analytics in-market test design principles and campaign analytics methods (A/B testing, test vs. control, pre/during/post, etc.). Experience with regression-based modeling and analysis a plus.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in providing thought leadership and influence to senior management
· Excellent analytical skills, including strong data interpretation skills, and demonstrated experience telling clear, accurate and compelling stories that synthesize trends across multiple reports or data sources that drive marketing and executive decision making.
· Strong work ethic, self-motivated and internally driven. Consistently delivers work that exceeds expectations.
Advanced skills in MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint. Experience analyzing and extracting data from various BI tools. SAS, Tableau, R, and Cognos experience preferred
Accountability / Scope/Budget:
This position directly supports the pediatric nutrition brands organization with regular, day-to-day reporting of KPIs including dashboards and analysis identifying key drivers of changes in those metrics. This position also serves as an analytics communication hub for ANPD, consolidating analysis of trends across various internal metrics, supporting pediatric leadership. The result of this work will be the continual improvement and efficiency with which information is consumed, transformed into actionable insights, and used to drive decisions in brand marketing and throughout ANPD.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org