Abbott Production Supervisor I in Columbus, Ohio
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Primary Function / Primary Goals / Objectives:
Establish a communications framework that assures timely and relevant transfer of information to and from all levels and functional areas of the organization.
·Ensure compliance with all HR policies and procedures.
·Understand and effectively use the rewards and recognition programs. Champion positive employee relations by maintaining a high-profile presence on the floor, direct engagement with employees, regular open communications and encouraging knowledge sharing and open exchange of ideas.
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
• Model and promote the behaviors that support a continuously improving EHS culture by engaging with employees and other key stakeholders in ensuring all EHS requirements are met inclusive of internal and external regulatory objectives and direction.
• Coach and direct individuals in delivering EHS performance for themselves, their team and department.
• Preparation and active participation in internal and external EHS audits and incident/accident investigation and reporting; coupled with timely implementation of corrective and preventative actions.
• Support efforts required to deliver the EHS performance for the shift of accountability.
• Enter near misses, first aids, etc.. into Action Management. Support timely EHS investigations, implementation of corrective actions, proactive approach to preventative actions and action management close out (> 95% action management on time closure)
• Lead efforts required delivering quality and compliance performance for the shift of accountability.
• Initiate, manage, and make decisions which impact product quality.
• Model and promote the behaviors that ensure delivery of high quality products for our customers while maintaining compliance with Abbott policies and procedures, meeting all local and statutory requirements, and adhering to the regulatory requirements of countries to which products are shipped.
• Preparation and active participation in internal and external Quality audits and incident investigation and reporting; coupled with timely implementation of corrective and preventative action.
• CAPA Certified Initiator, Investigator, and Resolution Planner – driving investigations and corrective action implementation with minimal oversight.
• Support CASR completion and investigation
• Manage GMP
• Maintain an understanding of what drives the profitability of the specific line
• Manage budget accountability for Headcount, Overtime, and direct expenses for a shift.
• Able to understand and explain line-related metrics such as Operating Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), Materials Usage Variance/Scrap (MUV) and Cost Improvement Projects (CIP).
• Develop the skills necessary to manage key drivers of line P&L (Overtime, MUV and Distressed)
• Share in the preparation of the annual budget and any updating reviews.
• Understand and support purchasing of commodities and consumables
• Able to identify and manage CIP savings initiatives
• Promote and Drive continuous improvement programs utilizing common problem solving tools and methodologies in processes and procedures within the shift for root cause analysis and resolution of issues.
• Actively plan and organize the day to day manufacturing operations and schedules.
• Anticipate and drive proper alignment and prioritization between production and support teams for shift.
• Drive OEE performance, understand the drivers, and develop and execute plans around improvement of line performance and quality metrics with support from the direct manager.
• Understand all key performance indicators, driving and executing plans for improvement through team engagement.
• Enter data into ZPI including commentary
• Execute game plans for weekend, holidays, 24 hour downtime, etc…
Model and promote organizational values by providing effective leadership, direction, development and
and support to the team. Drive a culture of engagement through the team and department.
Directly supervises team and participates in staffing activities.
Coach and direct individuals and teams to meet performance goals and objectives.
Training and Development:
Assure team members are trained and understand duties, responsibilities, and performance against established expectations.
Provide timely coaching, counseling and feedback.
Develop all line personnel by securing appropriate training and providing mentoring
Create a learning environment and support individuals learning and development plans.
• Engage in drafting own goals, lead the process of development of team goals and growth planning.
• Ensure delivery of effective performance management while establishing and sustaining a positive work environment.
• Execution of on time performance reviews for direct reports
- Establish a communications framework that assures timely and relevant transfer of information to and from all levels and functional areas of the organization.
• Ensure compliance with all HR practices, policies and procedures.
• Understand and effectively use the rewards and recognition programs.
• Champion positive employee relations by maintaining a high profile presence on the floor, direct engagement with employees, regular open communications and encouraging knowledge sharing and open exchange of ideas.
• Conduct record of discussions and facilitate performance improvement plans as necessary with support from leadership
Accountability / Scope/Budget:
• This position will require some general direction and supervision from direct manager; with key decisions being made in collaboration with direct manager and peer group.
• The Front Line Leader I will initially be learning through the direct coaching of management the leadership requirements to become competent in delivering organizational results in all key performance areas.
• FLL 1 will develop the competence to lead their shift team in consistently meeting all organizational expectations of a Front Line shift team.
• Follows escalation reporting process with inputs from peers/manager for decision making as required.
• Make and communicate decisions that are appropriate for level of accountability
• Communicates with other departments and functions as needed in support of meeting operational objectives.
• Active participation in team and department projects including responsibility for execution of assigned actions.
• Works with their direct manager to identify change opportunities and effectively manage these to positive outcomes for individuals, team and the business.
• Leadership in this role will primarily be focused on the direct reporting group with support from the direct manager, as required.
• Focus is on day to day operations, with short term focus based on meeting requirements that are tactical versus strategic.
• Communicates to line personnel daily while maintaining a constant line presence.
• Coordinates activities related to shift starts and changes.
• Leads and coordinates daily activities of the shift team to meet daily requirements that positively impact the rest of the multi-shift line results.
• Working with their direct manager, other Front Line Leaders and other management, will establish the right team culture where people feel empowered, are accountable for the business and continuously improving the shift and the line.
• Promote team, department and site goals through team communications and providing direction and guidance towards achievement.
Bachelor’s degree in business, science, food technology, engineering or 2 to 4 years of experience in a regulated industry, with preference being for food, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, cosmetics, etc.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com