Abbott Program Manager - CRM & Database Operations in Columbus, Ohio
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Program Manager, CRM Campaigns & Database Marketing/Operations
Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150 countries and employs approximately 73,000 people. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Primary Function / Primary Goals / Objectives:
The role of Program Manager, CRM Campaigns & Database Marketing/Operations is responsible for daily operations of CRM campaigns, launching new marketing campaigns at the 3rd party CRM database provider, and project management of the database infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical/database background with proven ability to manage projects/priorities related to successful CRM campaign execution. This role will be the main point of contact for CRM campaign management and database operations execution for internal business partners. Additionally, this position will have responsibility to ensure that internal and external partners have a clear understanding of the strategic initiatives outlined by the Brand and deliver consistent messages that support the Brand growth objectives.
• Working cross-functionally and departmentally as a SME regarding all technical/data oriented enterprise initiatives impacting CRM. The position acts as the main point of contact for internal partners into the CRM organization.
• Subject Matter Expert on all database operations and activities including campaign business rules, data loading and cleansing, delivery of on-time fulfillment files, new infrastructure implementations, and existing database business rules.
• Coordinating and prioritizing CRM operational activities with the CRM Database provider. Develop, review and approve Statement of Work (SOW) as needed.
• Support CRM business acquisition goals by helping to create and coordinate the list acquisition strategy with internal and external partners.
• Develop well-defined systems and processes for project planning, tracking, and budgetary information in an accurate, timely, effective, and easily consumable manner by members of the core team as well as key internal business partners.
• Communicating with external supply partners to assure program delivery against strategic objectives, provide for accurate tracking against project priorities and status, provide for early identification of issues that may impact program delivery, and maintain standards for budgetary commitments.
• Planning calendars that inform the organization and facilitate effective planning and management of work across functional groups to align efforts against the key priorities.
• Sharing of input and learnings on key program results across Business Unit teams to maintain overall effectiveness at the “cutting edge of excellence.”
• Coordination of marketing resources to deliver on-time and on-budget programs to the Business Units. Manage direct reports as assigned.
• Identifying, addressing and resolving data integrity, integration and system issues.
• Auditing new campaigns to ensure correct implementation of business rules and audience selection.
• Developing a system/process to automate, optimize and proactively identify and resolve data or process issues.
• Identifying, developing and implementing audit mechanisms and reporting as it relates to data and business rules.
• Working with partners (internal and external) to ensure timely delivery of all data requirements related to CRM programs.
• Assist with consulting on campaign and database operational infrastructure needs/support.
• Establish annual work plans, develop and communicated approved standards for performance, and provide feedback for all key supplier partners.
• Key point of contact for supplier partners (e.g., Database Provider, agency, List/Acquisition Providers, etc.). Manage the day-to-day activities for external supplier partners on all CRM programs to ensure successful delivery against established targets for CRM excellence, timing, and budgetary considerations.
• Track established success metrics / criteria for evaluation of all CRM programs that are implemented in the support of Brand objectives.
• Manage invoice payment for CRM/database services and track supplier partner spend against established goals.
• Develop CRM campaign/database strategies that meet or exceed business objectives, brand strategies, timing, and budget requirements.
• Track progress for direct reports (if applicable) against goals (impact / project).
• Develop effective communication systems that align efforts of internal and external partners to achieve strategic objectives of the respective Brands and/or Business Unit.
• Demonstrated knowledge and skill sets in CRM campaign and database management for consumer, retail, and/or professional audiences.
• Ability to think strategically and translate strategic guidance into effective CRM programs across a variety of channels.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a significate roster of projects/programs and deliver on cost and timing expectations.
• Provide ability to objectively evaluate CRM program results and recommend future utilization/optimization of programs and/or supplier partners.
• Successful experience required in leading a diverse group of internal and external partners, including possible management of direct reports.
• 5+ year’s business experience working in a process and analytical environment such as marketing operations, CRM, etc.
• Relevant business experience required with demonstrated understanding of database marketing strategies.
• Excellent problem-solving skills along with the ability to find creative solutions for challenges regarding campaigns and data infrastructure.
• Ability to think strategically and translate strategic guidance into effective tactical programs across a variety of audiences and distribution channels.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a significant roster of projects / programs and deliver on cost and timing expectations.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills including the ability to translate complex data concepts to business partners with a wide range of data understanding.
• Ability to multi-task and work under tight and/or shifting deadlines; ability to prioritize tasks based on business impact and manage time appropriately within a fast-paced environment.
• Proven experience in management of direct reports.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Finance/Computer Science preferred
• Advanced SAS and/or SQL knowledge preferred.
• MBA preferred but not required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com