Abbott Specialist Project Management - Columbus, OH or Abbott Park, IL in Columbus, Ohio
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
This position support Abbott Nutrition Supply Chain Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process and is responsible for assembling and tracking key information related to this process. Key job responsibilities include:
- Aid in identifying topics and prepare materials for monthly S&OP meetings
- Facilitate information flow between area and global supply meetings
- Track key metrics
- Track and follow up on open action items from prior S&OP meetings
- Conduct analysis in support of the S&OP process
- Conduct what-if analysis to create alternate scenarios for reconciling demand, supply and financial plans.
- Collaborate with representatives from appropriate functional areas across Abbott Nutrition to meet project objectives
- Explain the risks and upside associated with different scenarios for more productive discussions in the S&OP meeting.
- Identify process issues and recommend improvements
- Collaborate with stakeholders to optimize the reporting process
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Manage projects in support of Global Inventory Optimization program.
- Collaborate with team in establishing ground rules and chartering team
- Drive for results and timely decision-making
- Conduct external benchmarking and best practice identification in area of S&OP, inventory management, demand planning and master scheduling
- Conduct research on supply chain management topics as requested by management
2-5 years experience in Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Materials Management, Manufacturing, Purchasing and/or project management or equivalent
Needs to be adaptable and have the ability to work within deadlines
Previous S&OP experience a plus, but not required.
Demonstrated problem solving skills required.
Strong Microsoft office skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) required.
Knows the critical steps and processes involved in managing projects from inception to completion. Is able to track progress and move teams to complete goals.
Can construct scenarios based on various sources of data to provide options to the S&OP team
Demonstrated skills in collaborating and influencing cross-functionally; excellent interpersonal skills
Strong planning and execution skills
Strong written, oral and presentation communication skills
Critical thinking/problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com