Abbott Warehouse Specialist- Overnight- Columbus Plant in Columbus, Ohio
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The warehouse Specialist is responsible for having a thorough working knowledge of all Plant Material Control and Columbus Distribution Center job functions and applicable department equipment and system ie. Forklift, Cambar, HK Systems, TTMS, AMAPS, MITS, AES. The Warehouse Specialist is responsible for receiving, loading, unloading, cleaning, creating bills of lading (BOL's), case picking, assuming computer room responsibilities as needed & performing full functionality in the Shipping Office while maintaining compliance to all GMP, Safety and Quality guidelines. Also will involve some performance of preventative maintenance. ie. monitor and respond to Columbus Distribution Center and Plant automation systems and equipment. Must meet all safety and housekeeping requirements. Must have good attendance.
For Receiving Operations: Creates very accurate & legible documentation, performs data entry accurately, maintains all applicable databases with needed information, efficiently process inbound pallets through the proper process and into the ASRS system.
• For Loading, Unloading, case picking, Barcoding and Palletizer Operations: Performs all tasks safely, assures accurate documentation, follows all process procedures / Guidelines, assures trailers are loaded to meet weight requirements, performs all tasks in an efficient & effective manner.
• For Shipping/Receiving Office Functions: Release orders from CAMBAR in a timely manner, assure all documentation is accurate, address people in a professional manner, assure all databases are accurately maintained with timely entries, assure BOL's are signed/dated by Common Carrier Driver and the Clerk during the shift.
• Accountable for personal safety and adhering to the safety guidelines.
• Must communicate safety and GMP concerns to Plant Material Control/Columbus Distribution Center leadership & follow up to assure the concerns are addressed.
• Accountable for performing task that need completed in a timely manner or need expedited.
• Must check e-mail at the start of each shift when possible to assure all directives are addressed.
• Must communicate to all shifts as to status of the business.
• Ability to make decisions based on awareness of the area operations is necessary.
• Must be able to lift and maneuver objects of considerable weight (50 lbs). This position is accountable for complying with applicable FDA (GMP), USDA, OSHA and Abbott Nutritional Supply Chain regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines.
High school diploma/GED required
Prior job experience within the Plant Material Control/Columbus Distribution Center is preferred. (at least 6 months preferable). Experience with tools and equipment related to the position is desired (hand tools, wearing of full body harness, sit-down forklift, stand up pick vehicle, computer knowledge/skills). This position requires excellent written/verbal communication skills, very good interpersonal skills, analytical troubleshooting skills, ability to multitask & a very good team player.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com