Abbott EHS Manager in Cootehill, Ireland
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Abbott in Ireland
In Ireland, Abbott employs more than 3,200 people across 11 sites. Abbott has six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third-party manufacturing management operation in Sligo. It has commercial operations in Dublin and shared services in Dublin and Westport. Abbott serves the Irish market with a diverse range of health care products including diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals. Abbott has been operating in Ireland since 1946.
Abbott Ireland Nutrition Division – Cootehill
Abbott Nutrition in Cootehill manufactures infant nutritional products for the export markets. The facility is dedicated to providing products of the highest quality standard to its customers.
Abbott Nutrition produces a range of infant formulae in all pack sizes under the brand name “Similac”. To complement the range of “Similac” infant formulae, the facility also manufactures a range of follow on formulae under the brand name of “Gain”. The essential ingredient is liquid skim milk and this is combined with carbohydrate, vegetable oils, vitamins and minerals. The product is blended, pasteurised, dried and packaged at the site and once packaged, is distributed to Europe, South East Asia, the Middle East, Latin America and Canada.
Established in 1975, Abbott Nutrition in Ireland is the largest powder manufacturing facility for the production of infant formulae within the Abbott Corporation worldwide.
Approximately 1,000 dairy farms in Ireland and Northern Ireland supply quality milk to the Cootehill facility which processes 500,000 litres per day. This secure supply together with Ireland’s reputation as a green, clean environment is of significant strategic importance to Abbott Nutrition.
We are now looking for EHS Manager
This is an exceptional opportunity for ambitious and experienced EHS Manager to further develop their career by joining a Global Leader in the Nutritional Manufacturing industry. The EHS Manager will lead a team of EHS Specialists and will provide leadership and strategic direction to drive excellence and best in class EHS standards.
You will ideally have +5 years of relevant experience in an EHS role with supervisory experience and will have full autonomy and ownership for continuously improving EHS standards and processes.
This position will include the following:
• Engage, influence and support the Site Leadership team and all employees to achieve safety and environmental goals & objectives in line with the overall site strategy.
• Continuously develop a culture of Behavioural Based Safety in the workplace.
• Utilise the Operational Excellence framework to drive best in class EHS behaviours, processes and standards.
• Ensure compliance with Abbott International EHS Technical Standards & Management Systems.
• As primary site contact, ensure environmental compliance with all regulatory agencies and provide leadership in identifying opportunities in continuously improving the sites Sustainable Energy foot print.
• Identify and implement best practices to continuously improve site process and procedures to mitigate the potential of risk to employees.
• Provide support and guidance to the site Environmental and Safety Specialists through mentoring and leadership.
• Oversee and manage all preventative and protective procedures, conduct risk assessments and inspections and identify hazards and implement corrective actions.
• Other ad hoc OPEX & EHS department or site duties and projects as required.
• Third level qualification in an EHS, relevant science or engineering discipline.
• +5 years’ experience in a high volume and dynamic production environment.
• EHS and/or Lean Six Sigma certification is preferable.
• Demonstrated ability to identify improvement opportunities and ability to lead CI projects.
• Ability to build on the site Behavioral Based Continuous Improvement culture through engagement, data analysis, best practice identification and implementation.
• Ability to effectively interact and communicate across all levels in the site.
Discover why candidates choose a career at Abbott Ireland here at http://bit.ly/workingatabbottireland
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com