Abbott Incoming Inspection Laboratory Technician in Cootehill, Ireland
Abbott in Ireland
In Ireland, Abbott employs almost 3,000 people across 11 sites. Abbott has six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third-party manufacturing management operation in Sligo. It has commercial and support operations in Dublin and shared services in Dublin and Westport. Abbott serves the Irish market with a diverse range of health care products including diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals. Abbott has been operating in Ireland since 1946.
As a result of strong business growth, industry-leading product development in the Diagnostics business and continued commitment to manufacturing at our European sites, we now have an opportunity for a
Incoming Inspection & Packing Quality Technician
Primary Function / Goals / Objectives
• Follow all Environmental, Health and Safety Rules and Regulations in the plant.
• Report any current or potential hazards to your manager immediately.
• Wear the correct Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) at all times. Consult the appropriate SOP where required.
• This technician has the responsibility for reviewing all SOP’s for any job task he/she may carry out and ensure he/she fully understands and adheres to the SOP.
• This function will ensure relevant Q.A checks and tests are completed to release incoming ingredient commodities to the plant.
• Where applicable the job involves conducting product testing in the inspection area and placing non-conforming product on hold.
• The role also includes carrying out inspections of certificate of analysis of incoming vendors to ensure they meet the relevant quality requirements.
• She/he must carry out quality checks on packing products as per applicable SOP’s.
• The role involves supporting CAPA investigations.
• The role of the technician includes the maintenance and administration of the MCS system.
• A critical function is the maintenance of inspection batch files on a day-to-day basis.
• This function will also report any non-conformances immediately to the Incoming Inspection Quality Assurance Engineer or to the Quality Assurance Manager.
• Batch release functions and other sampling and Near Infra-red tests are carried out by this function.
• Documentation of data and report as required.
• This Job function will change where update procedures to GMP, EHS, Technical / New Equipment, Quality Procedures & SOP’s are made.
• This list of responsibilities may change depending on plant needs and employees are expected to be adaptable and flexible were this need arises.
• To ensure quality assurance of incoming raw materials. .
• Diploma in Food Science or equivalent or cert with relevant manufacturing experience.
• Strong understanding of compliance and quality standards.
• Familiarity with HACCP regulations and best practice.
• 1-year experience in a nutritional and manufacturing function.
Accountability / Scope
Where non-conformances are not detected in the product this can result in product recall or in the worst situation it can result in market recall.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org