Abbott Medical Education Manager in Dallas, Texas
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Medical Education Manager Job Summary
Champions issues that provide major implications for the company and may lead to accomplishing long-range objectives. Provides broad, technical advice. Mentors employees by sharing clinical and technical expertise and providing feedback and guidance. Acts as an advisor to
management on specialized business projects (managerial, technical, leadership, clinical, training). Acts as a mentor to key staff members. Has demonstrated leadership and management qualities. Actively participates in comprehensive development of plans including an outline of duties and project assignments. Demonstrates independence by prioritizing and completing assignments. Determines emerging trends and unmet educational or training needs provides information across functional boundaries in areas of expertise. Responsible for the development and strategic planning of specific medical education & training plans and activities for specific therapies, products, and projects. Activities may include tactics, tools, logistics, curricula development, model or technical development, basic messaging and targeting. Develops training plans, curricula, and materials to facilitate product or therapy training. Oversees market research, monitors competitive training plans and activity, and identifies unmet customer needs. Leads cross-functional teams/groups with little supervision, to develop new training programs or enhance existing programs(s) or product training activities. Coaches others on specific programs and/or projects.
Plan, Coordinate, and execute trade show training & hands-on workshop activities for major symposia and conferences (Coronary & Endovascular)
Formulate strategy, curricula, agenda, and manage program offerings for Fellows Education program for Coronary and Endovascular Business Units
Collaborate and Partner with key stakeholders (Marketing, Legal Regulatory, OEC, Regulatory Compliance, Sales Training, Marcom, MKTG Tradeshows, etc when developing Medical Education programs as needed (ie: content/presentations, curricula, program outlines)
Help ensure programs receive proper compliance review and approval, ensure content/presentations are routed/approved, establish clear plan of action for training projects (who is owning which aspect of the project, drive to deadlines)
Provide Management support for in-house logistics team
Project Manage and support special projects when called upon (Internal Meetings, Training model development, VR simulation development, etc)
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience (4-6 years minimum)
3 to 5 years of clinical and/or training experience in Cardiovascular and/or Endovascular Therapy area preferred or equivalent sales and/or marketing experience
• Ability to apply the fundamental concepts and practices to conduct needs assessment and design training programs
• Understanding and expertise in the technical aspects and application of current and new products in Cardiac and Endovascular Therapy area
• Affinity for educating others
• Demonstrated ability to simplify and explain complex topics effectively and experience developing others
• Excellent computer and software skills (experience with Microsoft Office or Adobe Creative Cloud required) in graphics, word-processing, databases, authoring programs, etc., to develop presentation materials
• Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
• Excellent technical aptitude
• Ingenuity and willingness to develop creative solutions to complex problems within defined constraints
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
• Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
• Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
• Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
• Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
• Ability to travel approximately >60%, including internationally.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com