Abbott Technical Service Specialist, EP / CRM (Dallas, TX) in Dallas, Texas
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Technical Services Specialist, EP / CRM. Among other duties and responsibilities described herein, the TSS provides engineering, sales, educational and technical support in response to field inquiries from physicians, healthcare professionals, patients, and field sales staff, involving Cardiac Rhythm Management (CRM) products.
Job Duties : List the significant/essential duties, tasks or responsibilities which employees in this position are required to perform.
• Provides technical assistance and support for procedures in which CRM products are used, including during pre- and post-implantation.
• Develops and executes programming for highly complex medical devices.
• Remains technically competent relative to CRM best practices and the products offered in the marketplace.
• Identifies and implements the most efficient, cost-effective and best business practices to execute processes; continually evaluates their effectiveness and appropriateness.
• Identifies reports and advises of customer needs, product performance and potential sales opportunities to sales representatives / directors and/or management to influence sales growth and service of accounts.
• Participates in the creation and implementation of long- and short-term sales and business strategies.
• Support all Abbott initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
•Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned, which may include taking call on evenings and weekends for time-sensitive patient and customer needs.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs., as needed.
• Associate’s degree or certificate in healthcare-related field required. Bachelor’s degree in Bio-Medical Engineering or related technical field strongly preferred.
• Requires Abbott Brady, Tachy, CRT, Ensite, and EP certification within 12-24 months of hire date.
• Requires HRS certification.
• A minimum of two plus years’ increasingly responsible experience in the cardiac pacing and related industries preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and/or facilitate educational programs to healthcare professionals.
• Familiarity with cath lab and operating room procedures and protocol.
• Must apply engineering skills and abilities to analyze complex pacing ECGs.
• Must be able to work effectively with engineers, technical specialists, vendors, and customers to achieve assigned goals; must be capable of coordinating multiple assignments simultaneously and effectively.
• Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
• Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
• Ability to travel based on business need.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com