Abbott TECH SPPT SCI LV2 in Des Plaines, Illinois
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
The primary role of Abbott Molecular Site Technical Support Scientist LV2 is application of technical knowledge in a laboratory environment (basic design and execution of experiments, data analysis, conclusions), adherence to Quality, Regulatory and Safety procedures/policies, basic project management skills and communication to team/management.
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of quality system.
Technical Knowledge :
•Applying product knowledge through participation on Cross Functional Teams for investigations, design plans, risk evaluations and corrective actions.
•Independently completes testing, analyzes data, forms conclusions and accurately documents work for investigations and product improvements.
•Reviewing data and witnessing ELN entries.
•Completing required training on-time.
•Adhering to governing operating procedures regarding all assigned projects, documentation and record keeping.
•Performing daily, weekly and monthly GMP duties according to operating procedures.
•Manage the daily/weekly and monthly control of retain samples.
• Following Universal Precautions while working in the lab.
Planning/Project Management :
• Independently plans, executes and documents studies as part of expanded investigations or corrective actions.
• Coordinates with groups outside immediate work area to complete studies.
• Using appropriate test controls in study designs and follows applicable operating procedures to complete work.
Patient Focus :
• Tracking and evaluating testing results to monitor trends in testing data.
• Completing product monitoring evaluations.
• Provide status updates to peers and managers within the team and between functional areas.
• Interact with other manufacturing sites and customers to resolve technical issues.
Business Focus/Alignment :
• Assist in resolution to technical issues that threaten safety stock and/or customer satisfaction.
• Additional Job Description.
Minimum Education/Experience :
Bachelor’s Degree in Molecular biology, Life Sciences or equivalent
Higher Certificate, Ordinary or Honors Bachelor degree in scientific and technical field is desired or relevant combination of education and experience. 2 years’ related work experience. (Advanced degree(s) may offset required years of experience).
Knowledge of Abbott Molecular RealTime Platforms and products (M2000/sp/rt and/or ALINITY) is preferred but not required.
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org