Abbott Senior Cloud Software Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
Abbott serves the Irish market with a diverse range of health care products including diagnostics, medical devices and nutritionals products. In Ireland, Abbott employs almost 4,000 people across nine sites.
We have six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third-party manufacturing management operation in Sligo.
Abbott has commercial, support operations and shared services in Dublin and Galway. We have been operating in Ireland since 1946.
ABBOTT BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY SERVICES AT CHERRYWOOD
Abbott Information Technology (IT) is responsible for delivering Information technology solutions and services to over 130+ countries globally.
To support this global footprint, Abbott IT is building a new team in Ireland located in Cherrywood, Dublin. The newly established hub will be a strategic location
for technology talent, delivering regional programs and supporting global operations for critical services.
Delivers cloud services to business and application teams looking to leverage the cloud for scalability and flexibility. Leverages public cloud providers (e.g. AWS and MS Azure) to add business value. Accountable for delivering a comprehensive set of infrastructure services including: requirements definition, design, integration, infrastructure as code, level-4 implementation and operational support escalation, problem management and the creation of in-depth documentation. Participates in proof-of-concept analysis and vendor evaluations. Fully partners with IT divisional clients in support of cloud initiatives. Focuses on security, cost, and availability when implementing cloud solutions.
Scope includes cloud services (e.g.; AWS, MS Azure, etc.), compute services (e.g.; Windows, Linux), storage systems, identity and security integration Solution design to include application integration with the infrastructure ensuring the application functions and performs as required.
Core Job Responsibilities:
• DevSecOps and Agile Delivery and SLC methodologies adjusted for infrastructure service delivery and integration with Abbott DevSecOps organizations.
• Uses Infrastructure as Code tools (e.g. Terraform and Packer) and techniques to deliver re-usable services for public and private cloud.
• Implements Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines for the deployment of application and infrastructure stacks.
• Assists with the establishment of Infrastructure as Code frameworks.
• Establishes build-and-destroy models for cloud infrastructure.
• Implement self-service capabilities in the public cloud space (Containers as a Service, Secure Infrastructure as a Service, etc.)
• Optimize cloud workloads for security, cost and availability.
• Automate cloud operations tasks including backups and patching
• Drives and aligns innovative enterprise-wide cloud solutions across Abbott IT, business management, enterprise vendors, and internal support organizations.
• Responsible for compliance to applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
• Serve as a technical expert for public cloud offerings and uses within Abbott
• Develops service implementation scripts, and provides top level support of IT solutions aligned with customer’s business objectives and other infrastructure technology disciplines within BTS-IS.
• Proactively asses the effectiveness of standards, methodologies and processes; driving change as appropriate for continuous improvement.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s Degree preferred in a technology or management discipline
4+ years of overall IT experience
2+ years Cloud Experience (AWS or Azure)
Experience with Git and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery Pipelines
Experience with Python for automation
Ability to manage and prioritize complex, changing workloads in a challenging technical environment.
Capacity to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies and apply that knowledge to current efforts and plans, especially cloud-based solutions provided by external partners and suppliers.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com at http://www.abbott.com/ , on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-/ , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org