Abbott Senior Unified Communications Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
Abbott serves the Irish market with a diverse range of health care products including diagnostics, medical devices and nutritionals products. In Ireland, Abbott employs almost 4,000 people across nine sites.
We have six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third-party manufacturing management operation in Sligo.
Abbott has commercial, support operations and shared services in Dublin and Galway. We have been operating in Ireland since 1946.
ABBOTT BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY SERVICES AT CHERRYWOOD
Abbott Information Technology (IT) is responsible for delivering Information technology solutions and services to over 130+ countries globally.
To support this global footprint, Abbott IT is building a new team in Ireland located in Cherrywood, Dublin. The newly established hub will be a strategic location
for technology talent, delivering regional programs and supporting global operations for critical services.
A professional technical position within the Abbott IT Infrastructure Services team, responsible for voice telecommunications infrastructure, applications and services. This individual will design, implement, support, and manage complex unified communications systems, services and solutions across multiple technology providers (Avaya, Cisco).
Core Job Responsibilities
• Provides the architectural design, installation, and configuration of logical and physical contact center voice systems and services to meet the functional objectives of the business
• Design, implement and support onsite and remote contact center infrastructure in a primarily Avaya environment - Dial plans, PBX, gateways, Avaya communications manager, Avaya Session Manager, Cisco integrated systems and software
• Collaborate with Abbott business units and stakeholders to analyze and translate business requirements into engineering design, and technical specifications to support telecommunications needs
• Executes installations, upgrades to equipment and conducts technical feasibility studies to benefit Abbott
• Proactively identify and resolve issues within the voice and Telecom environment
• Telephony system programming on various systems – i.e. PBX, Voice Mail, Call Recording and Work Force Management tools and applications.
• Contribute to Vendor Management of partners and managed service providers
• Participate in on-call rotation
Education and Experience Required:
4+ years of experience with Avaya PBX technology, Cisco voice systems and voice networks
Hands-on experience with Avaya Communication Manager, Avaya Application Enablement Services, Avaya Session Manager, Cisco Call Manager, Cisco UCS platform, Cisco IOS gateways, and Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
Experience working with SIP (Trunking, Protocols, and communication methods)
Demonstrated experience with local and long-distance carrier circuits, configuration and routing, including management of toll-free and DID numbers
Working knowledge of Basic Cisco IP networking and QOS as it applies to voice and contact center applications
Experience with Microsoft Teams integration
Phone Configuration, tracing call routes & Support Tools
Strong documentation skills
Ability to manage and prioritize complex, changing workloads in a challenging technical environment.
Capacity to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies and apply that knowledge to current efforts and plans, especially cloud-based solutions provided by external partners and suppliers.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com at http://www.abbott.com/ , on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-/ , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com