Abbott Senior Technical Services Specialist, EP (Huntsville, AL) in Huntsville, Alabama
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Please note this job is not an active opening. This is intended to identify candidates for potential future opportunities.
Working under moderate direction, the Senior Technical Services Specialist, EP provides engineering, sales, educational and technical support in response to field inquiries from physicians, health care professionals, patients, and field sales staff, involving both AF and CRM products.
Employees act on their strong desire to make a difference, partner with others and put ideas into action. Employees are engaged by a work culture that is team-oriented, fast paced and progressive.
Impact this role will have on Abbott:
• Acts as the technical interface between the medical community and the assigned regional office.
• Working with Senior EP TSS’s and other staff, develops proficiency and gains necessary certifications to become fully competent in all levels of CRM and AF cases.
• Provides engineering, sales, and technical support in response to more complex field inquiries on a 24-hour, on-call basis. Develops thorough command of all CRM and AF products, including the EnSite System related product and technical knowledge, cardiac mapping and ablation techniques, trends and player.
• Provides insight, guidance, and feedback to management on market feedback and components of next generation of products.
• Provides regional CRM implant and/or AF procedural case coverage, as directed by managers.
• Provides additional back-up support to CRM and AF Sales Representatives in the following areas: sales support, regional training seminars, clinical studies/data collection, troubleshooting, and new product in-service training to physicians, nurses and sales representatives.
• Continuously develops engineering, sales and technical skills relative to the overall Arrhythmia Management strategy, including learning opportunities via Sr. Sales personnel and FCEs.
• Performs work that involves a high degree of independence.
• Identifies and routinely uses the most effective, cost efficient and best business practices to execute processes; continually evaluates their effectiveness and appropriateness.
• Exercises independent judgment in planning, organizing and performing work.
• Monitors performance and reports status to manager.
Your experience(s), education and knowledge will further expand Abbott’s marketplace success:
• Bachelors degree in Bio-Medical Engineering or related field; or combination of equivalent education / experience.
• Requires ABT Brady, Tachy, CRT, Ensite, and EP certification within 12 months of hire date.
• Requires HRS certification.
• A minimum of four plus years’ increasingly responsible experience in the cardiac pacing and related industries. Demonstrated knowledge of cardiology, electro-physiology, or cardiac electro-physiology procedures.
• Familiarity with cath lab and operating room procedures and protocol.
• Demonstrated advanced knowledge of cardiac pacing systems is also necessary.
• Must apply engineering skills and abilities to interpret and solve complex pacing ECGs.
• Must have comprehensive written and verbal communication, interpersonal, presentation, analytical, organizational skills, and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Must have the ability to concentrate on detail and work independently.
• Must be able to work effectively with engineers, technical specialists, vendors, and customers to achieve assigned goals; must be capable of coordinating multiple assignments simultaneously and effectively.
• Must possess comprehensive personal computer skills (experience with Microsoft Office or equivalent required) in graphics, word-processing, databases, authoring programs, etc., to develop presentation materials.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org