Abbott Senior Security Engineer in Irving, Texas
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Under general direction, performs security work within our R&D division by improving software, testing, tools, and processes
for detecting and preventing security threats to medical products and systems. Performs complex and specialized software
security activities working within and across project teams, and in consultation with other cross functional team members.
• Optimize product/system security by creating and reviewing software architecture and detailed design solutions that
reflect best practices.
• Identify and implement software improvements needed to effectively protect against and respond to known and emerging
• Perform or support security testing such as penetration tests, fuzz testing, and internal/external audits. Coordinate
remediation as needed.
• Identify and implement needed improvements in tools and processes used during development, testing, vulnerability
intake, and maintenance.
• Communicate with the other engineering personnel to coordinate interrelated security solutions and assure project
• This is a non-supervisory position.
Bachelors Degree (± 16 years)
Software Engineering, Computer Science or related engineering field
Experience Experience Details
Minimum 6 years Hands-on experience in security risk assessment, solution design, development, testing
Minimum 6 years Experience with embedded (IoT), mobile (Android and iOS), database, and web
Minimum 6 years Experience in health care, aerospace, defense (DoD, NSA etc.) or other high security
Licenses and Certifications
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
As an alternative to CISSP, other professional security certification such as CISM, CSA, CEH or similar.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com