Abbott Sr. Software Automation Tester in Irving, Texas
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
ABOUT ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS:
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Our location in Irving, TX currently has an opportunity for a Sr. Software Automation Tester .
We are seeking an experienced Software Automation Tester . Responsibilities include activities throughout the entire software development life cycle. Primary areas of responsibility include: Software Integration and Automated Infrastructure Testing, Automation Strategies.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Develop automated test cases, frameworks strategies, tools and scripts for windows client-based application.
· Execute automated tests, report on execution status and troubleshoot framework test case and application problems.
· Ability to objectively focus and lead automation team to higher and more consistent successful execution cadence.
· Evaluate automation candidates, priorities and approaches currently utilized. Challenge existing processes and propose alternative solutions.
· Breakdown manual test case into manageable and maintainable automation test units while maintaining test coverage.
· Report on software defects.
· Play integral and supporting role in all testing cycles such as smoke, in-sprint testing, regression and UAT/formal.
· Learn and evaluate new approaches and tools that improve testing efficiencies on ongoing basis. Performing test planning and estimation activities to make sure underlying software changes are covered.
· Actively participate in software change reviews to define required testing scope.
· Provide support for fault isolation, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis activities during system integration and testing for systems in development and on-Market.
· Activities will be under the guidance of a software testing supervisor or manager.
· Activities will be focused on developing broad system knowledge and expertise in more than one functional area.
· Accountable for meeting deliverable commitments including schedule and quality requirements.
· Must have skills to plan and schedule own work activities, coordinate activities with others software test engineers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
B.S. in Computer Science or similar engineering discipline including Software Engineering or Biomedical Engineering is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
At least 8 years of experience covering the entire software systems lifecycle (systems requirements definition through design validation) in a team environment including providing technical leadership. 5-7 years of experience will be accepted with a master’s degree in a relevant field.
Requires experience in Microsoft Visual C++ or .NET technology with emphasis in object-oriented analysis and design.
5+ years’ experience with a broad range of software testing tools , such as debuggers, code coverage, and path analysis.
5+ years’ experience with Microsoft Windows applications.
5+ years’ experience with automated testing and simulator tools .
Ability to apply the latest software design and development tools and techniques as required. -- Configuration Management .
Utilize CI tools to automate tasks and routine procedures .
Understand FDA Regulations , adhere to and enforce established software testing practices and strategies.
Experience in Agile and Lean delivery concepts and methodologies .
Strong knowledge of continuous integration platforms , application release automation tools for embedded Windows based client applications.
Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
Above work experience from any of these types of highly-regulated companies / industries: Medical Device, Defense/Aerospace, and/or Aviation .
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
Paid time off
401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com at http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com at http://www.abbott.com/ , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org