Abbott Associate Quality Professional in Longford, Ireland
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Abbott in Ireland
In Ireland, Abbott employs more than 3,200 people across 11 sites. Abbott has six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third party manufacturing management operation in Sligo. It has commercial operations in Dublin and shared services in Dublin and Westport. Abbott serves the Irish market with a diverse range of health care products including diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals. Abbott has been operating in Ireland since 1946.
Abbott Diagnostics Division (ADD) Longford
Abbott established the first diagnostics manufacturing facility in Sligo in 1994 to manufacture blood-screening products and reagents. In 2004, Abbott Diagnostics operations in Ireland expanded with the opening of a second facility in Longford. The plant was first occupied in December 2004. Manufacturing commenced in March of the following year and the first product (Architect TSH) was launched in December of 2005. The Longford facility plays a key role in helping Abbott to meet the increasing global demand for diagnostic testing in areas such as infectious disease, cancer, thyroid and cardiovascular diseases.
We currently have a vacancy for a Associate Quality Professional and this role will involve the following:
Primary Function :
Conduct quality-related activities to deliver consistent, high quality documents, services, products and processes.
• General Area: Budgets own time to carry out assigned duties that support business goals. Interacts constructively with employees, managers and cross-functional peers. Completes compliant documentation and provides solutions to local problems of low scope and complexity. Supports project work and acts as community member.
• Quality System Compliance: Maintains awareness of industry regulatory standards. Ensures compliance to site level policies and procedures by promptly reporting non-compliance issues to the department manager. Works effectively within the team.
• Risk Management: Applies basic Risk Management principles to work.
• Problem Solving: Receives general direction. Makes simple decisions. Carries out tasks related to area of responsibility with management oversight.
Depending on Functional Area:
• Complaint Evaluation: Investigates standard complaints. Provides solutions to local problems.
• Design Control / Documentation & Change Control: Identifies needs. Provides reasons and justifications in support of change.
Education and Years Experience:
• Apprenticeship or Bachelor’s degree in Life Science, Engineering, or closely related discipline is required OR relevant combination of education or experience.
• 0-2 years work experience in this job area.
• Quality or related field experience preferred.
• Demonstrates basic understanding of regulatory requirements in the healthcare environment.
Discover why candidates choose a career at Abbott Ireland here at http://bit.ly/workingatabbottireland
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org