Abbott (Senior) Facilities Manager in Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Abbott is recruiting for a very experienced Facilities Manager to be based in Maidenhead.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
The Facilities Manager is responsible for the oversight of Abbott Offices in Maidenhead and Sittingbourne, the warehouse in Maidenhead. There is the potential for this position to expand in responsibility to cover other European sites.
It´s also responsible for the management of the budget, vendors and key contracts for outsourced services of Facilities.
• Provide overall direction and co-ordination to the organization, maintaining Facilities focus, ensuring best practices are in place and building a strong Business Excellence culture.
• Ensure all Facilities remain fully operational always, including planning of key upgrade, maintenance and replacement works to avoid disruption to business operations.
• Manage relationships with key third party providers for maintenance, catering, security, reception, cleaning and other services. Participation of negotiation of services and contracts
• Management of facilities contracts including: grounds, maintenance, post, pest control, security, waste disposal and others.
• Day to day management of implementation of strategically important Facilities projects as and when required involving the all facilities team.
• Ensure that emergencies have the proper treatment, even in out of services hours, maintaining the superiors updated.
• Ensure all sites remain safe and secure, working with the EHS team as and where required.
• Monitor actuals vs. planned financial performance for the GFO sites in UK and ensure appropriate action is taken as needed to meet country objectives.
• Maintain the highest standards of safety, security, quality, customer service and environmental control ensuring compliance with all Abbott policies and procedures and meeting all local statutory requirements.
• Remote line management of one direct report
BACKGROUND / EDUCATION
• Degree education preferred
• Health & Safety Qualification preferred e.g. IOSH.
• Relevant professional Qualification preferred e.g. BIFM.
• Extensive experience of Facilities Management, including management of multiple sites.
• Experience managing sites in other European locations is advantageous.
• Project management experience, preferably in a Facilities environment.
• Contracting experience with service providers desirable.
• Budgeting experience.
• Line management experience.
• Computer literate (windows applications).
• Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Leadership skills.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com