Abbott Sr Planner in Menlo Park, California
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Working without appreciable direction, develops, maintains and communicates finished goods manufacturing schedules for a value stream/multiple manufacturing lines to build products which meet finished goods demands thus shipping products to customers in a timely manner. Creates manufacturing schedules to achieve zero backorders, a key performance indicator.
• Partners with manufacturing management to assess efficiency of manufacturing lines and analyze capacity.
• Leads weekly meetings with key stake holders to ensure recommended manufacturing schedule will meet all business demands. Meeting may include stakeholders from some or all of the following functions: manufacturing, supply chain, clinical, regulatory, quality and marketing.
• Implements policies set by SC mgt. to manage finished goods and raw material inventory.
• Continuously review existing processes for alignment with current business needs. Develop, gain buy in, and roll out process enhancements which may impact multiple value streams.
• Generates highly complex reports and performs data analysis to proactively plan or resolve issues.
• Develops and provides a detailed scheduling plan for finished goods which supports the top level approved build plans, assuring quantity and mix are clearly communicated to manufacturing and other manufacturing groups.
• Releases work orders in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and updates Kanban quantities to support build plans.
• Reviews forecast data, backorder reports and commodity/purchasing updates, including early warning signs, to prioritize and expedite manufacturing jobs to prevent or clear backorders.
• Reviews and updates material master data on regular basis to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
• Manages safety stock in partnership with purchasing.
• Approves and creates rework or special work orders in the ERP system.
• Reviews and updates outdated open jobs which require rescheduling or closing.
• Partners with purchasing and warehousing to minimize and dispose of slow moving, obsolete, and expiring inventory.
• Provides system training and guidance to junior members of the team.
• Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
• Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
• Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
Works with standard office equipment such as telephone, cellular phone, fax/copier, and a personal computer with standard office software.
Working environment varies from standard office/cubicle with air/sound/light control to general laboratory and production areas with varying physical conditions including "clean room" situations.
Activities require a significant amount of sitting in front of a computer monitor, some standing and walking. Significant use of hands and arms, plus finger dexterity to reach, point, write, type, operate a computer and other office equipment. Performs tasks that regularly require good correctable vision and hand/eye coordination. Activities also require significant use of voice and hearing for discussions with other employees.
• Bachelor degree in Supply Chain, Business or equivalent
• 5 years of progressively responsible experience in manufacturing schedule planning
• 3 year of experience with planning/work order systems
• 3 year experience working in a medical device manufacturing environment preferred.
• APICS or other planning related certification preferred
• Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
• Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
• Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
• Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
• Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org