Abbott Distribution Channel Manager (South America) in Miami, Florida
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
REMOTE position. Candidates must be located in Miami and will travel extensively to South America (Peru, Ecuador, Uruguay, Paraguay, Chile and Bolivia). Travel at times will be up to 50%.
The Distribution Channel Manager will be responsible for this position will be responsible for delivering sales and margin goals at the territories assigned by presenting and selling Business Unit product portfolio as it best fit into the market, working with the support of the distributors network that exists today, or the one that has to be developed for the best of our business. Identify new market niches, pursue and identify licensing and co-promotion opportunities. Secure required resources and ensure the distributors sales teams focus on appropriate priorities. Ensures that all strategy and processes are executed on a daily basis. Responsible for customer satisfaction indexes, complying through its net of distributors with all OEC and QA standards and policies. Incumbents in this position will work with other function including GM, Distributor Ambassadors, ADD Distributor Sales Managers, Marketing, Finance, HR, all functional areas of distributor, export operations
• Drives sales of organization's products and related revenues through a network of distribution partners.
• Evaluates, selects, manages and supports distributors with the goal of maximizing related revenue generation.
• Monitors, coordinates and ensures sufficient supply of organization's products to distributor.
• Ensure all company activities are conducted within the framework of the Abbott Code of Business Conduct and applicable laws.
• Build relations/company image by maintaining close contact with customers, Health care authorities, Health Care associations, government and patient groups. Internally it will build effective relationship with key Dx team members
• Support distributors network to adapt its sales organization for better care of Hematology business, and maximize countries coverage and distribution
• Manage distributors pipeline on a weekly basis
• Monitor own performance against established KPIs (Meter placements, sales and margin plan, territory coverage, among others)
• Be the "Train the trainer" for the distributors network sales team. Need to secure maximum understanding of product and strategies to the distribution network.
Minimum 7 years • Proven front line sales experience selling a broad and complex product line (5 years). Proven distributor management skills to include distributor training, incentive/rebates and strategic collaboration (2 years). The candidate should have a proven ability to build a long term strategic senior level relationship. Must have executive level business and financial acumen, strong team leadership skills and ability to adapt rapidly to a changing environment. Must be an expert in “getting thing done” and possess critical thinking and problem solving skills. The candidate must demonstrate history of goal accomplishment, ideal candidate embraces change, thrives on implementing processes and inspecting them to ensure goal achievement
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org