Abbott Sales Analyst in Minneapolis, Minnesota
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Primary Function / Primary Goals / Objectives:
• Provide sales analysis and data insights to assist in achieving account quotas.
• Address and resolve data integrity, integration and system issues.
• Identify and respond to opportunities to automate processes and streamline efficiencies.
• Perform comprehensive business reviews, using retailer-preferred metrics and industry analysis.
• Manage, track and report promotional performance and ROI
• Develop, review and support programs that will increase Gross Margin, Turns, Contribution Margin, etc.
• Provide timely analytical support for team personnel on retail sales related opportunities including opportunity gaps, innovation observations, retail pricing, promotion analysis, retail projections and returns.
• Update standardized shipment and consumption reports to track team’s progress to quotas/goals.
• Assist National Account Managers with demand planning and financial forecasting.
• Analytical lead in the business planning process and associated tracking to goal.
• Maintain proficiency in the use of Abbott computer systems, Nielsen, account-specific data sources, Abbott’s data system, Microsoft programs (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Access), Outlook and the Internet.
Support internal leadership and customer sales teams in providing comprehensive account analysis and reporting. Key focus on analytics to include customer profitability measures, key customer shipment and consumption activity. Update reports to track team progress to goals and create/build new reports as needed to keep up with the evolving needs of the business. Complete ad hoc requests as needed by the Sales Team.
Provide internal and external sales management with the tools and real-time analytical capabilities to support sales strategies, execution and measurements. Capitalize on process synergies and automation by partnering with internal departments and developing standardized, efficient and repeatable processes.
Performs repetitive and non-repetitive, analytical work. Authority to correct/adjust data and alignments to preserve and protect integrity of reporting. Accountability of maintenance to provide accurate reporting that will drive business decisions for Sales and Marketing. Influence and work with those outside of sales analysis to ensure accuracy of data.
Bachelor’s degree required, Business degree preferred.
• 1-2 years’ experience in Finance, IT, Sales, Marketing, Operations or Customer Service. Previous experience working with a sales organization.
• Knowledge of Amazon systems (ARA, Vendor Central, etc) and programs a plus.
• Strong analytical ability and interest.
• Ability to independently create and manipulate data in MS Excel / MS Access.
• Ability to independently create presentations in MS PowerPoint.
• Interest to advance into sales, marketing and/or category management roles.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org