Abbott Financial Analyst-Abbott Diagnostics (Mississauga) in Mississauga, Ontario
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Under the supervision of the Finance Manager, the Financial Analyst is responsible for assisting in the analysis and preparation of the annual Plan, monthly Latest Best Estimate (LBE), daily sales reporting and the monthly Integrated Business Planning (IBP) reporting submissions. In addition, the Financial Analyst will maintain and support all financial systems used for submissions.
This role works closely with not only the local Finance team but the Area Headquarter Finance group.
Status: Regular, Full-Time
• Support the analysis and consolidation of the Division Local Planning Cycles. Work closely with Departmental Management to ensure success of the cycles (Marketing, Commercial, Regulatory, Service, Distribution and Admin).
• Assist in the completion of the commercial requirements for sales forecasts and expense management with respect to the financial planning/monthly forecast submissions. Provide financial support to managers within Abbott Diagnostics Division Canada and Area HQ.
• Ensure compliance responsibilities are completed in accordance with policies & procedures for area of responsibilities.
• In coordination with the Finance Manager, produce, compile, analyze and deliver key reports; Annual Plan, Month end Reporting, Expense Management, Latest Best Estimate (LBE) and assist with preparation of the monthly Integrated Business Planning cycle (IBP).
• Assist with the compiling and distribution of monthly reports to management including KPI’s and commentary.
• Assists with local month end procedures including P&L variance commentary
• Track and prepare analysis related to Sales incentive plans
• Ensure all deliverables and financial expectations to Area Finance are met.
• Create, maintain and publish various Smartview TM1 and Cognos reports
• Implement improvements related to local planning systems and procedures.
• Support ad hoc projects involving the analysis of financial, accounting and process improvements.
• Provide ongoing financial recommendations and answer queries.
• Strive for Business Excellence and improvements in areas of responsibility.
• Responsible for handling confidential information.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
Advanced knowledge of Excel (Pivot Tables, Vlookup, Hlookup, etc) and financial applications
Ability to work with minimum supervision
Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timelines
Strong interpersonal and communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels of management
Excellent English communications skills
Receptive to change and a team player
Ability to prioritize and to meet strict deadline requirements
Required Education and Experience:
• 2-3years of work experience in similar role
• Bachelor of Commerce, in accounting/finance
• CPA designation or Enrolled in the CPA professional program
Abbott Canada is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without discrimination based on factors such as race, sex, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion, disability, age, citizenship, family or marital status, political beliefs, sexual preference or other factors included in human rights legislation.
Our diversity goals for recruitment, hiring, and retention are embedded in our corporate goals, and our diversity initiatives are supported by the highest level of the organization.
We strongly believe that a diverse workforce fosters more creative and innovative thinking throughout the organization. Creating an inclusive environment, where everyone is respected and valued, enables us to leverage our diversity as a business driver and strengthens our position as a global leader.
Abbott strives to promote and maintain an inclusive, high-performing culture that allows all employees to reach their full potential and contribute to Abbott’s success.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org