Abbott Junior Research Scientist in Mumbai, India
Pupose:Deliver formulations in defined timeframe to meet product delivery goals for I&D
Development of different formulations either as generic or differentiated generics. To demonstrate successful stability and scale up at manufacturing site.
Core Job Responsibilities
• Development of formulation using scientific rationale in use of excipients to create a reproducible prototype formulation.
• Ensure Proper documentation of every trial in the log note books and then using the information for creation of the Product Development Report for use in dossier for filing.
• Use of QbD wherever required for Product and process optimization.
• Ensure proper upkeep, maintenance and calibration of the equipment.
• Ensure scale up of the developed formulation works at engineering batch level.
• Literature/Patent search to create drug profile
• Prototype development with rationale use of excipients
• Preformulation study as may be required for formulation development
• Conduct 6 months accelerated stability studies to ensure stable formulation
• Proof of concept studies to demonstrate BE or comparative PK as the case may be
• Scale up studies at 1/10th scale or engineering batch
• Technology transfer and manufacturing of Bio/Clinical batch
Job Title: Jr Research Scientist Formulation
Job Function: Innovation & Development
Location: Mumbai (Andheri MIDC)
Reporting to:Sr Group Leader Formulation
Critical Success Factors: Functional/ Technical: Functional / Technical:
- Formulation and Product Development
a. Schedule and follow all the steps to deliver the drug as per QTPP
b. Select the suitable polymers / excipients based on either properties or scientific rationale
c. Evaluation of CQA of drug / excipients and estimate its implications for product development
d. Designs the process which is reproducible and scalable with higher yield, cost effective, and environment friendly
- Design of Experiments
a. Executes the experiments as per DOE to optimize product and process
- Pharmaceutical Development Report (PDR)
a. Prepares PDR as per Common Technical Document (CTD) module 3 requirements
b. Complies with regulatory requirements as defined in QTPP
- Project Management
a. Is able to plan and prioritize multiple project deadlines to meet product delivery goals
Education & experience:
• M. Pharm/Ph. D.
• 5 to 7 yrs
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com