Abbott Manager Sales Force Effectiveness in Mumbai, India
Page 1 of 2
Job Description – Abbott Healthcare
Head – Sales Force Effectiveness
Cost Center Responsibility
Primary Job Function:
The primary role of the Manager – SFE is to lead and implement SFE processes and drive change for one or more divisions at Abbott Healthcare. The role requires high degree of assertiveness, analytical ability and influencing skills to drive integrated Sales Force Effectiveness by impacting and questioning several processes including but not limited to recruitment, training, coaching, business planning and other field processes.
He/she works closely with National Sales Managers and influences thinking and action from the leadership level to the medical reps in the field. The role although based out of Mumbai would also entail about 30% - 40% travel to locations all over India. Success in the role requires collaboration with the divsions, Informatics, SFA, HR and Field Training teams.
The ideal candidate will currently be in an SFE/Commercial Excellence/Strategic Planning role in a leading MNC pharma or Consulting company. Candidates with only Field/Sales Training experience are requested not to apply for this role.
Core Job Responsibilities:
1) Comprehensive diagnostics for monthly division SFE review meetings
2) Build and strengthen the cadence for Sales planning at all field levels
3) Improve quality of action planning by field managers
4) Ensuring rigorous implementation of defined actions across levels through extensive field work and by influencing leadership
5) Extensive field work across India and consolidate field visit learning & share execution best practices
6) Facilitate field communication (incentives, success stories, tips and other messages)
7) Provide help to Zonal Heads through training sessions and analytical support
8) Lead initiatives to improve planning and doctor coverage of divisions
9) Conduct prescriber list reviews to ensure division norms and ability to reach coverage goals
10) Support analytics projects in areas like sizing, deployment, Incentive design, target setting, attrition etc.
Page 2 of 2
Direct Reports: Individual contributor
Education & experience:
Engineer/MBA from premier institutes
Minimum 2+ years in SFE/Consulting, preferably in Pharma
Graduate + MBA
Overall 4+ years of experience, with current profile in SFE/Commercial Excellence/Strategic Planning
Competencies / Skills
Behavioural: Assertiveness, High energy, Integrity, relationship building ability
Functional/ Technical: Strong in analytics, problem solving skills and field connect
Communication – Excellent Written, Spoken and presentation skills
Strong Customer connect
MS office (Good in Power Point/ Excel and Word)
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com